Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

links / jump.cgi / rate.cgi

Quote Reply
links / jump.cgi / rate.cgi
I don't know if these are related but here is my problem. after adding a link(s) I can go to the main page, click category it works fine. If I click on the link for a site or "Rate It" I recieve a "500 Internal server error"

2nd prob- if I click on a link on the page for "Home, Add a Site, Modify a Site, Whats New, etc." It says "page cannot be displayed" like it can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Brandon

Quote Reply
Re: links / jump.cgi / rate.cgi In reply to
In Reply To:
I don't know if these are related but here is my problem. after adding a link(s) I can go to the main page, click category it works fine. If I click on the link for a site or "Rate It" I recieve a "500 Internal server error"
Make sure that you have the correct path for links.cfg in the require statement in the rate.cgi file.

Example:

Code:

require "/absolute/path/to/links.cfg";

In Reply To:
2nd prob- if I click on a link on the page for "Home, Add a Site, Modify a Site, Whats New, etc." It says "page cannot be displayed" like it can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.
1) Make sure that you have NOT set your $build_root_path and $build_root_url variables to build within your cgi-bin directory.

2) Check your template files to make sure you have the correct link anchors.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I set the correct full path for links.cfg in the required statement in the rate.cgi file. Still is not working. On the links pages, none of the links such as, add.cgi, modify.cgi, jump.cgi, search.cgi seem to work, I get 500 internal server errors.

2nd problem, I have made sure that I did NOT set my $build_root_path and $build_root_url variables to build within your cgi-bin directory, they are set to my www dir.

I checked my template files to make sure they had the correct link anchors. They all end without a "/" (ie., /New,
/Cool, /linkspages (for Home). I visted some sites using this and there links also point to the same thing w/no trailing "/" but of course theirs works.

Quote Reply
I found out the problems with links such as, add.cgi, modify.cgi, jump.cgi, search.cgi not working. I went through and reset all permissions based on info in the faq section.

I still however have the internal link problem with "Home". I went through all of the templates (yahoo) and added a "/" to the end of "New" and "Cool" links, and that took care of those. The "Home" link is "<%build_root_url%>". This is the only link that doesn't function properly, it is
http://mysite/linkspages.

Thanks,
Brandon

Quote Reply
Well then, try adding a trailing slash / after <%build_root_url%> in your template files.

Regards,

Eliot Lee