Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

cant access admin.cgi

Quote Reply
cant access admin.cgi
hi!
i just set up the program, as per what the readme.txt directed and when i went to visit my admin.cgi, i get a little box up from my browser asking to download the file (admin.cgi). i'd really appreciate it, if someone could offer a little help and let me know what i've done wrong. my admin file SHOULD be accessed at http://www.purpelic.com/purpelinks/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi

thanks!
loe

Quote Reply
Re: cant access admin.cgi In reply to
This has been discussed in the forum quite often. Pls use the Search function this forum offers.

Probably you have uploaded the file in binary or you have set the permissions wrong. Try to upload the script once again in ASCII and set permissions to 755.

If this doesn't help, try downloading the script, then open the file and check the error message.

Thomas
http://www.japanreference.com
Quote Reply
hi, i re-uploaded the file and there was no change, so i downloaded the admin.cgi and this is the error message i received. sorry, to bother you again, but i'd really appreciate any help!

Error including libraries: Can't locate /public_html/purpelinks/cgi-bin/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

thanks... loe

Quote Reply
Double-check the paths and URLs in links.cfg. Also check your permissions once again.

Thomas
http://www.japanreference.com
Quote Reply
Use the FULL path to links.cfg within your cgi scripts.

ie..

require 'links.cfg';

...needs to be changed to...

require '/FULL/PATH/TO/links.cfg';

(or wuteva the code is)

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
Double quotes, Paul....

NOT single quotes....

Code:

require "/ABSOLUTE/PATH/TO/links.cfg";

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Yes you may wish to RE_READ my post...I have not used Links2 for a while and was writing the code off the top of my head and thats why I said...

(or wuteva the code is)

Admittedly it would have been more helpful to find the correct code but we "all" fail to be 100% helpful sometimes.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
Yes...using CORRECT codes is the better approach rather than giving inaccurate advice. If you don't know the answer, don't reply in the Thread. How about that?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Phew.......dont get you knickers in a twist......

I in fact did know the answer and just quickly wrote the code off the top of my head.

Its kinda ironic you telling me not to answer if I cant answer properly......lol.....shall I show a couple of hundred examples of you answering questions that are totally unhelpful?

How about that?

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
And I could show about 60% of your posting, not only raw numbers where you have given inaccurate advice and also showed your lack of skills!

Yea...I know I am not perfect. And I don't really think your numbers are quite accurate. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...couple of hundred out of 17,000 posts in the past two years...yea, the number in my profile is not accurate, because I participated in another 6,000 or so Threads prior to changing my handle! So, couple hundred out of 17,000...that is not bad...versus you, that a majority of your posts are filled with inaccurate statements, personal attacks, and outright rude remarks.

Good day, PAUL! Mad

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
lol.........Ive never heard such bull****.

I have read SO many posts from people complaining about how RUDE you are and I may not give accurate advice 100% of the time and may not have posted 17,000 messages (which shows how much of a sad life you lead)..........but at least I try to answer helpfully and with COURTESY.

You may as well just create a bot that prints "Search the forums"...because thats all you ever say and it gets very boring to read.

BUT ANYWAY........ALEX and others will not appreciate this and it is a "waste of Gossmamer-Threads bandwidth"...so this is the last time I will reply to your pathetic posts and at least I can rest happily in the knowledge that I have a life.

Au revior.SmileSmile

Paul Wilson. Shocked