Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

What Perfity is this?

Quote Reply
What Perfity is this?
Hrm. I have attempted to install the wonderful links. It works, however, generating the files (staggered, staggered, auto, build all) aren't working. I am not sure why. I looked at it, and couldn't find any reason why it would not be working. The database is writing, however the files aren't being generated where they are supposed to be, or at all...

What happens is, I click the link to compile it, and, what happens is in the main window that the frame is, it simply loads the admin.cgi again in the frame, with all the frames yet again.

Am I missing something? (I can post the cgi files as I have them if nessasary.)

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: What Perfity is this? In reply to
Make sure that you have properly referenced all the required files (links.cfg, admin_html.pl, db.pl, and db_utils.pl) correctly in your admin.cgi file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: What Perfity is this? In reply to
"Make sure that you have properly referenced all the required files (links.cfg, admin_html.pl, db.pl, and db_utils.pl) correctly in your admin.cgi file."

I checked to make sure they were "properly referenced" and made sure all the url's were pointing in the last place... I also reuploaded, chmod', and tried again a'la netscape and internet explorer and still nothing.

When I click the build it runs
admin.cgi/nph_build.cgi (or whatever it is...)
When I try and run just the nph_build it gives me a 500 error, maybe there is something obvious that I am missing in there?

------------------
Ja Ne,
Youlanda

Hiroshima '45, Tschernobyl '86, Windows '98...