Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

ReceiveMail error modifying v1.1 links

Quote Reply
ReceiveMail error modifying v1.1 links
OK, when my users try to modify links that were added since I upgraded to 2.0, everything works great.

But if the try to modify a link that was added back when the site was running 1.1 (and therefore the ReceiveMail field didn't exist) the following error appears:

ERROR: ReceiveMail (Can not be left blank)

I've tried adding it to the modify form as a hidden field set to YES, but it's still happening.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: ReceiveMail error modifying v1.1 links In reply to
Did you execute upgrade.pl in your data directory after copying your v1.1 links.db to it? If not, that should have been done in order to add the 3 new fields that Links v2.0 uses (Votes, Rating, ReceiveMail) and it removes all the "NULL" entries as well. It would put the "Yes" in the ReceiveMail field for you.

Upgrade.pl will create a new file called links2.db, preserving the original file. When you are satisfied that the conversion went right, you rename it to links.db and use it normally.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
I did execute the upgrade.pl script.

...everything else that uses the new fields is working, I can rate the sites that were added under v1.1, toggle the ReceiveMail flag in the modify interface when editing v1.1 sites, and the builds correctly show the ratings and votes fields.

...it's just the MODIFY page that seems to have a problem.
Quote Reply
Make sure links.def contains this code:

Code:
%add_system_fields = (
isNew => 'No',
isPopular => 'No',
Hits => '0',
Rating => 0,
Votes => 0,
ReceiveMail => 'Yes'
);

The key is the ReceiveMail line. If that is present, you shouldn't be getting that error.