Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

missing directories and files

Quote Reply
missing directories and files
according to the "complete permission list" which was posted by Juan G. there should be four directories under the admin directory which were not included when I unzipped it: Html, Lwp, Parallel, and Protocol. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: missing directories and files In reply to
There should have been two sub-directories beneath cgi-bin/admin. One is Html and the other is Lwp.
Protocol is a subdirectory of Parallel, which is a subdirectory of Lwp.

Are you sure you have checked for the sub-directories?

If your profile had included your email address I would have emailed the small files to you.

Best of luck.

David Olley
Anglo & Foreign International Limited,
Winchester
England
Quote Reply
David:

Thanks for the reply. I checked again after your reply and they are definitely missing. I would really appreciate it if you could email me those files if you get a chance. My email address is: linning@altavista.com

Thanks again.

John Linning
Seattle, WA

Quote Reply
It seems i have the same problems. I am missing the same exact directories under the admin dir.

Quote Reply
I have emailed the missing files to each of you. Sorry for the delay, but I have been spending too long trying to configure Links. Getting the basic thing running was OK, but the real work is in customising the pages - especially as I am integrating it with DBman and using frames pages.

Regards

David Olley
Anglo & Foreign International Limited,
Winchester
England
Quote Reply
When did you download Links? Do you have version 2.0 or 2.01? In a recent update, the link-checking system has been rewritten and no longer uses some of the modules that originally came in Links 2.0. This is noted in the readme.txt file in version 2.01.

--Drew