Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

fork error when trying to verify

Quote Reply
fork error when trying to verify
Hi, first I want to complement you on the scripts. I have rummaged through all the messages and FAQ info and have gotten most everything going I think.

I run NT with IIS3 and activeperl. I am not positive but I think the LWP modules is part of the 5.07 distribution along with the FTP support. At any rate when I preform a verify links I get the following:

-----

Need to check 1 links. This could take a while.. please be patient:

CGI Error:
Message: fatal error: The Unsupported function fork function is unimplemented at C:\InetPub\ftproot\usr\john\links\admin\nph-verify.cgi line 135.

-----

I tracked down line 135 (literal - didn't know if I should skip the comments) to this:

if (!defined($pid = fork)) {
&cgierr ("cannot fork: $!");
}

...not sure what it means. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I did get the IIS 'patch' and have intergrated it into the setup at the start, just to cover that area from the begining.

regards, john
Quote Reply
Re: fork error when trying to verify In reply to
in links.cfg, find the line that determines whether or not to use forking, and turn the option off (set to 0). Windows does not utilize the fork funciton.

--Mark

------------------
You can reach me by ICQ at UIN #8602162

Quote Reply
Re: fork error when trying to verify In reply to
Thanks, I feel like a bonehead Smile -- must have skipped that one thinking I would turn off anything later.. All seems well now. Adding more links for more thorough exercise.

regards, john