Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

anyone hosted by Hispeed

Quote Reply
anyone hosted by Hispeed
i'm having problem with running links on my virtual server hosted by Hispeed. is there anyone here that is hosted by them also?

thanks for keeping the
internet a better place.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone hosted by Hispeed In reply to
I am not hosted by them...and I already responded to your other Thread.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Sorry Elliot,
i'm just pissed off with them. i realised that i can't run all cgi scripts on that server. except with a script that requires only a single file like test.cgi. when running a debug url, i'd received a file that shows there's a double slash in a path command. i had asked them over and over again and return no answer from the day one. the only matters them is the payment problem that they had with their transaction server (solved after 30days).

Elliot, i should have listen to your recommendation. get the Web2010. The only interesting about Hispeed is their nice looking website. I'm trapped.

thanks for keeping the
internet a better place.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
The only interesting about Hispeed is their nice looking website. I'm trapped.
People should not be persuaded by the look of a web site. There are some web sites out there that look highly unprofessional, but have great E-commerce applications. There are hosting companies that have "professionally" designed web sites, but do not provide professional customer service.

I have found some of the "web hosting" sites that use LINKS to be good research tools in finding reliable hosting companies. Although I did not know about these sites when I was looking for a hosting company...I spent about 100 hours surfing the Web back in 1997. I also asked professional advice from local web designers and companies. And Web2010 was the most highly recommended hosting company at the time...there are others out there now that provide comparable services and products (i.e., dedicated servers).

Regards,

Eliot Lee