Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Problem Adding from Web

Quote Reply
Problem Adding from Web
Can't add or modify from web. Information is writen to the validate db, but comes up with an error. I also can't validate. Seems like the problem is in the sendmail area. I have checked and my sendmail info is correct.
Quote Reply
Re: Problem Adding from Web In reply to
It doesn't allow me to validate. It pulls up the first record then doesn't give me any options to validate.
Quote Reply
When you validate, do the validated records actually move from validate.db to links.db? If so, then the problem is definitely in the sendmail end of things. How is sendmail configured in links.cfg?
Quote Reply
Internal Server Error

Premature end of script headers: /web/guide/coeurdalenechamber/cgibin/add.cgi
Quote Reply
Does any one have any ideas?
Quote Reply

Quote:
Information is writen to the validate db, but comes up with an error.

What error does it come up with?
Quote Reply
I know this is taking longer than you want it to take but there is no other way to do this.

Quote:
It pulls up the first record then doesn't give me any options to validate.

Are you saying that, even though you have multiple records waiting for validation, that the script only loads one record in the admin screen and then doesn't give you the ability to validate even that one?

If that is the case, then something is wrong in your admin_html.pl script. Have you modified it? Try uploading a fresh copy of it from the Links distribution archive and see if that will fix it.

Also, I would double-check with your ISP concerning the sendmail configuration you have in links.cfg to be sure it is correct. It should just look something like this:

Quote:
$db_mail_path = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Here is the error message I receive when I try to e-mail or validate from the admin menu.

Error Message : Fatal error: Can't locate object method "new" via package "Mailer" at nph-email.cgi line 84.

Script Location : nph-email.cgi

If I take out "new Mailer" from this line int he nph-email.cgi, it seems to work, but I don't get any e-mails.

my $mailer = new Mailer ( { smtp => $db_smtp_server
Quote Reply
1. Make sure Mailer.pm was uploaded in ASCII.

2. Make sure the first letter of Mailer.pm is a capital letter.

Code:
# Let's initilize a mailer.
my $mailer = new Mailer ( {
smtp => $db_smtp_server,
sendmail => $db_mail_path,
from => $db_admin_email,
subject => $subject,
msg => $message,
log => $db_mailer_log
} )
or &cgierr("Unable to init mailer! Reeason: $Mailer::error");

I hope this helps.