Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Got this Error and an Extra Slash

Quote Reply
Got this Error and an Extra Slash
When I access any user scripts I get this error. It has an extra slash and I can't find where it's coming from. The Admin section works fine.

Error Message : fatal error: Can't locate Config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /digiweb/usr2/siliconimage/public_html//anime/directory /usr/local/lib/perl5/i86pc-solaris/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i86pc-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /digiweb/usr2/siliconimage/public_html//anime/directory/DynaLoader.pm line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /digiweb/usr2/siliconimage/public_html/anime/directory/admin/Mailer.pm line 22.

Script Location : /digiweb/usr2/siliconimage/public_html//anime/directory/add.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00404

[This message has been edited by Tenth (edited May 12, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Got this Error and an Extra Slash In reply to
When you defined your paths in links.cfg, did you accidently put a trailing slash on one of them?

--mark
Quote Reply
No, that's the wierd thing. I checked it like 3 times. Reading every line that I edited. I don't know where it's coming from. And why is it asking for this Config.pm file? I don't have that. Would a link to the site help any?
Quote Reply
I would suspect DynaLoader.pm, since that is what is reporting the error and that is certainly not part of Links.
Quote Reply
Well it was asking for strict.pm and I found that one and uploaded it, then it asked for DynaLoader.pm, I uploaded that one too. Now it wants this Config.pm. Why is it asking for all these files?
Quote Reply
Those files are part of Perl. They should be part of the installation of Perl your ISP made. Since Perl cannot find them, I suggest that perhaps your Perl is not installed correctly or you may be pointing to an older version of Perl.

For example, on my Linux system, Config.pm and DynaLoader.pm are located in the /usr/lib/perl5/i586-linux/5.00404 directory, while strict.pm is in the /usr/lib/perl5 directory.

I would ask your ISP about them.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited May 14, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Ok I'll ask them.
Quote Reply
Ok I'll ask them.