Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Error including libraries.Already searched!

Quote Reply
Error including libraries.Already searched!
OK,when I put the address in my browser and go to my admin.cgi, it asks me to download the file,so I downloaded it and this is EXACTLY the message that comes out:

Error including libraries: Can't locate /skizz/cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/skizz/cgi-bin/links/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-bsdos/5.00401 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-bsdos /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/skizz/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

I know that everything is in the right place, checked over the links.cfg file and admin.cgi file,made correct permissions,uploaded in ASCII mode, AND EVEN SEARCHED YOUR FORUMS for an answer but there is never s straight answer made. Please let me know whats going on. I would EALLY appreciate any help,thank you SOOO much! Smile
Quote Reply
Re: Error including libraries.Already searched! In reply to
Check links.cfg again. Looks like you have wrong (partial) paths.

Verify (with your web host) what the ENTIRE absolute paths to your directories needs to be.

--mark

------------------
Due to repeated requests for support via ICQ, I am once again offering support online.

The ONLY number I will accept requests on is #53788453. Messages sent to my other numbers will not pass through to me, as I have security settings set to ignore messages from users not on that list.

I don't know how often I will be active on this number, as it is for only when I am free to offer assistance.

Could this signature be any longer? :)
Quote Reply
OK, this time I put the complete path in links.cfg and the same error comes out. Do you see the error that I showed you came out above,where it says on the last line about admin.cgi line 28? Well,on line 28 of admin.cgi is this:require "$db_lib_path/db.pl"; # Database Routines.

I dont know what that means.Maybe you can help?
Quote Reply
Hey disregard it. I MADE IT WORK! At least the admin.cgi works now! I still have to password protect it and check the other files. What I had wrong was that in the full path to my directory, I forgot to put the first slash in the path.So I had:
usr/etc/so on and so on/ instead of
/usr/etc/so on and so on. I guess the first slash is more important than it seems! Smile YES! I made it work! WOOHOO!