Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Can't locate Time/Local.pm in @INC

Quote Reply
Can't locate Time/Local.pm in @INC
I installed links and all went well I added a category- no problem but when I tried to add a link I got the following error message.

What can I do?

Error Message : fatal error: Can't locate Time/Local.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-bsdos/5.00403 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-bsdos /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg line 162.

Script Location : /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00403
Quote Reply
Re: Can't locate Time/Local.pm in @INC In reply to
Ok I got around the Time/Local.pm problem by loading the module along with 2 other missing modules in the admin directory. I can now add links, search check and change templates but the build script is not working. Looking at the script it recommends using the full path to links.cfg and I tried but to no avail. I get DNS server error everytime. Triple checked CHMOD and uploaded in ASCII.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Jim
Quote Reply
I'm having a similar problem with the time thing. You said you fixed it by uploading 2 missing moduals. What were they. Not a CGI expert here. Smile
Quote Reply
You need a copy of Perl version 5.00? and uncompress it on your computer. In the lib directory you will find a directory called Time in this directory you will find 3 or 4 modules one of which is local.pm. You need to upload the Time directory, with local.pm in the directory, into your admin directory. This is because the program is looking for it in a directory called Time. When this is installed then run the program to see if you are missing more modules. In my case I was missing Carp.pm and Extraction.pm which where in the lib directory and could be loaded in the admin directory just as they are.

All of these files or other modules need to be uploaded in ascii and set to CHMOD 755. You can locate a UNIX perl version from the CPAN web site as well as many others and is free. for version 5.04 it is about 2.5 megs. It comes with the most common modules included but you may not install modules in your server system unless you have authorization. To get around this you can load the modules directly in the active directory.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Quote Reply
Well I did what you said, and got the same requirements (I think),

package Time::Local;
require 5.000;
require Exporter;
use Carp;

So I put Carp.pm and Exporter.pm in the directories and it give's me the same thing. So the time problem is still there. Do I need to tell one of the scripts where they are? Or am I putting it in the worng directory. I put the Time Directory in the admin directory and I triyed putting the Carp and Exporter in both the admin dir and the time dir beacause wasn't sure.

Besides the time thing I have the same problem as you, I can't build pages either, but I thought it was because of this time thing. Tell me if you get that figured out too. Thanks a bunch.

[This message has been edited by Tenth (edited February 04, 1999).]
Quote Reply
JimC said "extraction.pm". Is that a typo for "exporter.pm"?

I moved to a new hosting service and they don't have Perl libraries, so I have to go through this stage too... :-(

My error message gives the directory as Timf not Time (which is the correct name) -- whose fault is that - the hosting service or mine?

Followup: I found the typo in links.cfg -- a couple of "e" were shown as "f" and this was the key for me in addition to adding those libraries manually.

[This message has been edited by ash (edited February 07, 1999).]