Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Big newbie simple question

Quote Reply
Big newbie simple question
Hi everybody,
I've got a simple question (i think) :-) :
How to add subcategories ?
I haven't got any problems with classical categories, this program run smoothly, thx to the programmer..:-)
But every time, I want to add a subcategory :
Like MyCategory/MySubCategory
It works fine into the admin control, but doesn't appear in the website, when clicking on MyCategory for example
I don't understand at all !!
I've made some researches on this forum and into the F.A.Q, no one seems to have this problem....Am I the only silly to have this problem ??? :-)
Anyway thx in advance for your responses and sorry for my bad english, i'm french and only 15....
--
Ugo

Quote Reply
Re: Big newbie simple question In reply to
Make sure you have this in category.html

Code:

<%if category%>
<h2>Categories:</h2>
<%category%>
<%endif%>
Is that what you mean?

Paul
Installations:http://wiredon.net/gt/
Support: http://wiredon.net/forum/

Quote Reply
Hi!

Make sure you don't have blanks (spaces) within category names and no special characters like or something.

There's an help within admin (in mine, don't know, maybe I have some modified...) in where it says:

Easy, just name your category appropriately. For instance, if you have a category named 'Computers', to have a subcategory named Hardware just click on Add
Category, and name it 'Computers/Hardware'.
You can have as many levels as you like 'Computers/Hardware/Video_Cards/Diamond' for instance, but just make sure you have the appropriate categories before
hand (i.e. in the above example, you would need to have 'Computers', 'Computers/Hardware' and 'Computers/Hardware/Video_Cards' first.

Have Fun
Denis

Quote Reply
Thanks you both, but I've already tried that...and hasn't worked....
Anyway, I haven't do anything at all, and suddendly after another "Buil All", It worked fine........
I can see them now....
So, I still don't know what's happened...
But sometimes computers are stranges..
Thanks a lot, anyway
ugo