Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Add form nor working?

Quote Reply
Add form nor working?
I am getting the following error when ading a link on the add page:

Auto submission is not allowed in this directory. Please visit the site to add your entry.

can someone tell me what i could be doing wrong

Thanks a lot

Qamar

Quote Reply
Re: Add form nor working? In reply to
You need to set your domain address in the following array in the links.cfg file:

Code:
Û_referers = ('www.yourdomain.com','yourdomain.com');
Note: You can also set the domains to IP Addresses.

BTW: This has been addressed before in this forum...and with the new forum software...the search engine works very well!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I did what you mentioned but now the whole links is not working. I am getting an internal server error. I re-uploaded the links.cfg, made sure all the permissions are correct but its not helping.

When I had initally uploaded links.cfg and clicked build all I noticed that in the report it mentioned that it could not find or build new pages (sorry I can't remember exactly). So i tried build all again and thats when it stopped working.

Any ideas!

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I did what you mentioned but now the whole links is not working. I am getting an internal server error. I re-uploaded the links.cfg, made sure all the permissions are correct but its not helping.
Probably because you copied the exact codes that I gave you...for some reason, this forum screws up some codes...

Look for @ db_referers without the space and add the configurations that I gave you!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks for the help Elliot. I tried everything you mentioned and was very careful to go through each step but it still did not work.

Finally i scrapped the links.cfg got a fresh original copy and re-entered the changes. Now it works fine. It might be a tip for others having the same problem.

Thanks again

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Finally i scrapped the links.cfg got a fresh original copy and re-entered the changes. Now it works fine. It might be a tip for others having the same problem.
In some cases...yes...but in most cases...it is best to fix bugs before starting over.

In Reply To:
Thanks again
You're welcome.

Regards,

Eliot Lee