Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

500 Internal Server Error... Please Help

Quote Reply
500 Internal Server Error... Please Help
Ok, I have Perl 5.05 installed, and I uploaded all the files in ASCII mode, I CHMOD'ed all the files to the right type as listed in readme.txt, I know this server can run CGI/Perl scripts because I have alot of them installed, and when i try to run admin.cgi it say's 500 Internal Server Error, I know what it means N' all, but I cant seem to find out what is causing it, I have some experiance with cgi/perl, and I cant seem to spot it, I also took out the $db_cgi_url type tages and put the full PATH so it would find it... but still no use. I still get the same screen... I also did everything it told me to do in readme.txt but it still is not working. Please help, thank you.

------------------
- ShortKut
Quote Reply
Re: 500 Internal Server Error... Please Help In reply to
Make sure that you have the following (as mentioned more times than I would like to remember in this Forum):

1) That your Perl path in the first line of your .cgi scripts is correct.

2) That you are using the correct ABSOLUTE PATH to your links.cfg file in the admin.cgi script in the first require line.

3) That you have the correct ABSOLUTE path in the $db_script_path variable in the links.cfg file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.
Quote Reply
All of that that u mentioned is already done, but still keeps coming up.

------------------
- ShortKut
Quote Reply
Please save a copy of your admin.cgi as a text file, upload it to a publicly accessible directory in your web server, and then provide the URL to this text file. So, that we can see your codes.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.
Quote Reply
Nevermind, I found the problem, the host administrator has been switching to new servers lately, and it was a CHMOD problem that was causing it, they fixed the problem and it is working now, thanx

------------------
- ShortKut