Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Sendmail MX Points to Everyone.net

Quote Reply
Sendmail MX Points to Everyone.net
I just recently switched web hosting providers and though my e-mail accounts work as to send e-mail without a form, anything that's sent by a form is not currently working even with the add.cgi, and the deadlink.cgi, modify.cgi...etc.

My host is ipowerweb.com

Servers They Use: UNIX and Linux and run the Apache Web server according to their documentation.

I did conduct a search but saw nothing in regards to a situation like this when the MX record is changed to point to everyone.net.

Appreciate anybody's help who may have experienced this. ThanksCrazy
Quote Reply
Re: [gerardof] Sendmail MX Points to Everyone.net In reply to
As discussed before in this forum, ya need to edit either the SENDMAIL -OR- SMTP settings in the links.cfg file.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Sendmail MX Points to Everyone.net In reply to
Wink Thamks , "Me" aka Eliot. I haven't forgotten. But how does that work for the deadlink.cgi. :-)
Quote Reply
Deadlink.cgi should still use the location of Sendmail/SMTP server from links.cfg...is it not?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Sendmail MX Points to Everyone.net In reply to
Actually my MX records were just updated this Saturday. So maybe I am freaking early?
Quote Reply
Yup, could be. Normally takes 24-48 hours, but can sometimes take longer, all depends on your ISP/Host etc.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!