Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Build all problem II

Quote Reply
Build all problem II
Hi

iīm still trying to make a recover of my Links II database after switch to new webhotel.

Allthough i thought i had all Cmodīs correct, it seems to be in-correct.

Now when i to to build my database from admin control i get this error

Quote:

Updating record: 2250, marking as new.
Updating record: 2251, marking as new.
Done.

Updating ratings ..
Done.

Loading Category Information . . .
Done.

Gathering Category and Link information . . .
Done

Building Home Pages . . .
Subcategories: 24
Total Links: 1638
Opening page: /links/index.shtml
CGI ERROR==========================================Error Message : unable to open home page: /links/index.shtml. Reason: No such file or directoryScript Location : /var/www/rejsebeskrivelser.dk/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgiPerl Version : 5.006001Form Variables-------------------------------------------Environment Variables-------------------------------------------DOCUMENT_ROOT : /var/www/rejsebeskrivelser.dk/public_htmlGATEWAY_INTERFACE : CGI/1.1HTTP_ACCEPT : image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, application/x-gsarcade-launch, */*HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflateHTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: daHTTP_CONNECTION : Keep-AliveHTTP_COOKIE : visit3=yes; webpoint=admin; jet04kl=ya09hl.u7DNzE; visit3=yesHTTP_HOST : www.rejsebeskrivelser.dkHTTP_REFERER : http://www.rejsebeskrivelser.dk/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi?display=navigationHTTP_USER_AGENT : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; TUCOWS)PATH : /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/binQUERY_STRING : REMOTE_ADDR : 62.242.177.158REMOTE_PORT : 1474REQUEST_METHOD : GETREQUEST_URI : /cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgiSCRIPT_FILENAME : /var/www/rejsebeskrivelser.dk/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgiSCRIPT_NAME : /cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgiSERVER_ADDR : 81.19.249.118SERVER_ADMIN : webmaster@rejsebeskrivelser.dkSERVER_NAME : rejsebeskrivelser.dkSERVER_PORT : 80SERVER_PROTOCOL : HTTP/1.1SERVER_SIGNATURE : Apache/1.3.27 Server at rejsebeskrivelser.dk Port 80SERVER_SOFTWARE : Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510

The funny thing is, that i do have a path to /links/index.shtml and it lies within my /public_html

I can undstand why i get this error :-(

Anyone ?

Kim
God love simple things - Like Links
Quote Reply
Re: [Webpoint] Build all problem II In reply to
What do you have in links.cfg?

It looks like you aren't using full paths.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Build all problem II In reply to
To be more specifical, in links.cfg you need this:
Code:
# PATH and URL of Pages to be built. No Trailing Slash.
$build_root_path = "/var/www/rejsebeskrivelser.dk/public_html";
$build_root_url = "http://rejsebeskrivelser.dk/links";

I'm assuming that further down in that file you have set these:
Code:
# The name of an index file.
$build_index = "index.html";
# The extension to use for non index files:
$build_extension = ".html";
to build .shtml?

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Build all problem II In reply to
If your still having problems, ensure your html directory is chmodded to 777 and upload a blank index.shtml file with permissions of 777.

If this fails post back here.

Stu2000

- Top 100 forums / GT Links 2.0 websites -
Quote Reply
Hi Paul and PerlFlunkie.

Thx a lot. Your where right. My paths wasīnt complete. Somehow i had misunderstood something on my restore !

Funny thing, is that i have to cmod ALL my directories again and all the files within. That is a huge job :-(

A special question til PerlFlunkie !

Is there a standart to the path when sending mails ?

As far as i can see, the path is '/var/spool/mail/root';

But when i use this in

Quote:

# PATH of sendmail. # SMTP Server
$db_mail_path = '/var/spool/mail/root'; $db_smtp_server = '';

i donīt get any mails to me or my users ?

Thx again

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: [stu2000] - Off topic - Build all problem II In reply to
Hi Stu

Took a look on your site. I LIKE IT !!!!

A question ! How do you calculate how many there have been downloaded your resources ?

Quote:
We currently have over 1128 resources on record for you to download, which in turn have been downloaded 121837 times.

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: [Webpoint] Build all problem II In reply to
To use sendmail, set this to the location provided by your host. This should be one of the following: /usr/sbin/sendmail, /lib/sendmail, or /bin/sendmail.

Also, make sure you changed the admin email address ($db_admin_email)
to match your new host.

The counting of downloads can be done by making your download link go through a clone of jump.cgi. This was discussed in more detail in the last few weeks, browse back a bit and you should find it.

Dot Matrix (http://dotmatrix.net/scripts/setup/) has a free script that will tell you what your sendmail (and other) setting should be. Just upload to the same location as your links admin, and run it.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie

Last edited by:

PerlFlunkie: Jan 6, 2003, 11:06 AM
Quote Reply
HI PerlFlunkie.

You should be covered in gold. Thx a lot for your help !

It worked perfectly.

Kim