Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Install Problem

Quote Reply
Install Problem
I have worked and worked and cant get this to do anything. If I run any of the scripts in telnet I get this message: Error including libraries: Can't locate /cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl in @INC
(@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .)

and /cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl is the exact path where db_utils.pl is located.
Quote Reply
Re: Install Problem In reply to
Try doing what it says in the require links.cfg lines of each script:

Quote:
# Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

IMHO, this is the most overlooked script comment in all of Links.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Hehehe I guess I should've told everyone that I already tried that..Forgot to mention that sorry. Something else I have already tried was to completly remove the paths on the required files..for example where it say $path_to_script/admin.cgi I made it say just admin.cgi.
Quote Reply
Do the paths at the top of links.cfg start from your root directory or do they start from the /cgi-bin directory? If not from the root directory, they need to.
Quote Reply
Good catch on that one for sure..Makes me feel a little stupid for sure..I changed that but still no dice. This time though I ran it in telnet and it said "You cant run this script from telnet/shell." which means to me that it is getting somewhere but it still gives a 500 error when trying to run it from the web. I have checked all permissions and changed all paths to what you said. Any other ideas? BTW thanks for your help so far.

[This message has been edited by webdude (edited June 24, 1999).]
Quote Reply
It is really difficult for me to tell you what else to try. I don't have the code nor access to your scripts to test.

Do you have access to your server's error logs to see if they shed more light on the problem. The may just say "premature end of script headers" which won't tell you much, but then again, they may give a more informative error message.