Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Help, double word search returns no results.

Quote Reply
Help, double word search returns no results.
Ok, I'm clueless on this one. If I try searching for a two word combination my search will return no results. Actually it begins to process it but doesn't finish loading the page so it looks something like this:

----
[header here]
Your search returned 13 categories and links.

Links:

----
Any help on this one is appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Help, double word search returns no results. In reply to
Do you have any links which contain that combination of words in the search fields you specified in links.def?

Good Luck!

Glenn
Host Links
http://cgi-resource.co.uk/links
Quote Reply
Yes, that's the trouble. If I do a two word search for a combination that I know is added to the links database, then I should return a link with the appropriate info. What happens is that it says something like "your search returned 0 categories and 13 links" and stops. It doesn't actually display any of the links or related categories, footer etc.

Quote Reply
The problem is not with the links.def file or your configurations. The problem is the alignment of tags within your search_results.html file as discussed in MANY tag problem Threads in this forum and other Links 2.0 Forums.

Let me take a wild guess....

You have the following codes in the above mentioned template file:

Code:

<%if link_results%><%link_results%><%endif%>

and

Code:

<%if category_results%><%category_results%><%endif%>

Right?

Thought so....

You need to EITHER put the tags on SEPARATE LINES, like the following:

Code:

<%if link_results%>
<%link_results%>
<%endif%>

AND

Code:

<%if category_results%>
<%category_results%>
<%endif%>

---OR----

as mentioned before in the FORUMS, DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE ENHANCED TEMPLATE.PM CODE HACK listed in the RESOURCES SECTION.

Best of luck...and please search the forums more carefully next time...

Thank you.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Elliot, thanks for the reply. I did search the forums for info on this but I didn't think it was a tag problem so I looked for info on problems displaying search results. My tags are all on separate lines, so that isn't it. I also installed the "enhanced template" hack as you suggested but it still doesn't return the links? This happens sometimes when searching for a two word combination and always when there are no categories but a few links that Links found?

---

Just to add to this, I just went through the few links that I have added to check it out and all of the links have assigned categories etc.