Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Got Warning
uppps, sorry but i accept i'm dumb when it comes to this field...i want to ask you somethingelse because i got this warning:

WARNING: ADMIN Directory is not Password Protected!!

what shall i do to password protect my admin directory?
Beng of Germany
Quote Reply
Re: [beng_hafner] Got Warning In reply to
You need to protect it with .htaccess. You could try using my acepassword script (attached).

BE SURE TO SET THE PATH CORRECTLY, or YOU WILL GET LOCKED OUT UNTIL YOU DELETE THE .htaccess/.htpasswd files!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
andy dear, what am going to do without you Blush...got the file you attached. but i'll work on this tomorrow for my head is spinning now. go to get some sleep Smile...i'll inform you afterwards about the process. many, many thanks.
Beng of Germany
Quote Reply
hi andy, i have installed the htaccess you gave me...it actually work but well, have to delete it again. i think i did a mistake somewhere. friends told me that they can no longer view my main site...they were being asked for a username and password. this means that the protection which is supposed for the addsource also work for my whole site. yikes, what am i gonna do?
Beng of Germany
Quote Reply
Only password-protect the admin cgi files, not the public cgi (search, newsletter, etc), or the html/www files.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie