Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Error including libraries-- appears to be in the Date Routines-- HELP!!

Quote Reply
Error including libraries-- appears to be in the Date Routines-- HELP!!
Okay, this is driving me crazy. I am trying to install Links 2.0 so that I can upgrade my current Links 1.1. I have already installed Links 2.0 on another server and it runs fine. It is giving me the following "Error Including Libraries" Error:

--------
Error including libraries: syntax error at /home/www/genealogypages/cgi-bin/gpcgi/admin/links.cfg line 197, near "# Extra P"
(Might be a runaway multi-line PP string starting on line 136)

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
-------

Everything was uploaded in ASCII, permissions are fine.

When I look at the links.cfg file, Line 136 begins the Date Routines and Line 197 is at the end of the Date Routines.

I have tried pasting in the Date Routines from my Links 1.1 links.cfg file, but no success.

My links.cfg file has been posted below for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.genealogypages.com/L2Test/links.txt

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

Teresa
tabrown@gte.net
Quote Reply
Re: Error including libraries-- appears to be in the Date Routines-- HELP!! In reply to
This is line 136 of links.cfg which the error message is alluding to:

Quote:
$build_site_title = 'Genealogy Pages: The World's Premier Genealogy Portal';

Try putting a "\" (not including the quotes) before the ":" in the name and see if that fixes the problem.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Error including libraries-- appears to be in the Date Routines-- HELP!! In reply to
That was it! Thank you, thank you. You are the best!

Teresa
Quote Reply
and there I was going to ask the same question Smile thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
I have a similar problem can somebody help. Pleeeeeeease

Error including libraries: Can't locate /public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 28
Quote Reply
stuck4idees,

If you go into admin.cgi and change this line, as per the included comment, your problem will probably go away:

Quote:
require "links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

I hope this helps.