Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Definitive List of Permissions

Quote Reply
Definitive List of Permissions
I've searched and found several posts on permissions, but haven't yet found one that will give a list of all permissions. ie. what permissions are needed for the .pl, .pm, .def files? etc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Matrix One] Definitive List of Permissions In reply to
The way I normally do install's, unless specific problems are found on a host, is;

folders to 777
.cgi file to 755.
everything else to 666

Hope that helps.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Definitive List of Permissions In reply to
No. I just get

"Error including libraries: Can't locate /home/jeremy/public_html/links/cgi-bin/admin/db.pl at admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly."

What am I doing wrong?
Quote Reply
Using the wrong path by the looks of it. I'd ask your host what the path to your cgi-bin is.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Definitive List of Permissions In reply to
Doh! My mistake.

At least I can now get into Admin but when trying to build I get:

Links Manager: Building Pages Building PagesPages built on 11-Aug-2002 at 03:24:18--------------------------------------------------------Backing up database . . . Backup exists for today.. SkippingDone.Building URL Index . . .Done.Updating New and Popular Records . . . What's New Cutoff: 14 days Popular Cutoff: 2 hitsCGI ERROR==========================================Error Message : Error building! Links database is 0 bytes!Script Location : nph-build.cgiPerl Version : 5.006001etc. etc.
Quote Reply
http://gossamer-threads.com/..._username=&mh=50
Quote Reply
Or, we could just tell you that you need to add some links/categories to your database first, before building Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Or read the README file since file and folder permissions are listed and also instructions on how to install and configure LINKS 2.0.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Aug 11, 2002, 9:15 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Definitive List of Permissions In reply to
OK guys. Thanx. I was trying to re-build the database by uploading the index.html file that I had taken for each category. So I guess I'll have to manually update all the links myself. I would have thought that by uploading the file it would have worked. Surely there is an easier way of restoring the datbase.

If someone knows how, please let me know.

Jeremy

Smile
Quote Reply
The index.html files are automatically re-built on each build, so you can not simply upload static copies of the index.html files to your category folders.

What you need to do is go to your backup folder in the /admin/ folder and replace your category.db and links.db with one of your most recent backup files.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me