Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

CSS/graphic problem with .cgi files

Quote Reply
CSS/graphic problem with .cgi files
I have Links2 up and running with a new template and so far things are running smoothly except one thing. The add.cgi, search.cgi, etc isn't implementing my css filenor are they showing the graphic. I put the name of the CSS file in the links.cfg file and put the graphic and CSS file in every directory I can think of. How can I make my CSS file show?
Quote Reply
Re: [VirginiaB] CSS/graphic problem with .cgi files In reply to
Odd, what are you using to reference the CSS file? sounds like more of a relative/URL linking problem to the CSS file, rather than anything else.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] CSS/graphic problem with .cgi files In reply to
I have this in links.cfg

$build_css_url = $build_root_url . "/web.css"; # URL to your CSS file.

I have the CSS file in every directory for links2 both in the CGI-BIN and the /pages directories. Even if I have put the wrong thing in the links.cfg the files are right there.

The cgi files do show my template just fine-just not the CSS and the one graphic I have,.
Quote Reply
Re: [VirginiaB] CSS/graphic problem with .cgi files In reply to
I got it for the CSS. In the template files with non-cgi scripts, I could use the regular type external CSS links. With the script files you have to use:

<link rel=stylesheet href="<%css%>" type="text/css" title="style sheet">

I did that and the CSS rendered. The graphic still won't show up, though.