Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Admin.cgi works, but nph-build.cgi, nph-verify.cgi and nph-email.cgi don't!

Quote Reply
Admin.cgi works, but nph-build.cgi, nph-verify.cgi and nph-email.cgi don't!
Hi,
Anyone who can help........
I have installed Links 2 and admin.cgi works, but nph-build.cgi, nph-verify.cgi and nph-email.cgi don't. It gives up a 500 server error. I've uploaded in ASCII and set them to 755 file permissions etc. (whatever it says to do). Please help!!
Quote Reply
Re: Admin.cgi works, but nph-build.cgi, nph-verify.cgi and nph-email.cgi don't! In reply to
Hi!

It's not your mistake!
Please contact your ISP for more information.
I think the mod.perl ist disabled.

I have the same problem with my ISP, i change my ISP.

Good Luck!
Mike from Germany

------------------
admin@xn3.de

www.xn3.de
Quote Reply
Re: Admin.cgi works, but nph-build.cgi, nph-verify.cgi and nph-email.cgi don't! In reply to
Hi,
Its me again. I don't know if this will help anyone who might want to help me....

When I Telnet to my site, and run nph-build.cgi from there, it works fine! It just doesn't work when I access it from the web, and I don't really want to Telnet everytime I want to build the pages.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Some ISP's don't allow nph files to run from the web.

--mark

------------------
Due to repeated requests for support via ICQ, I am once again offering support online.

The ONLY number I will accept requests on is #53788453. Messages sent to my other numbers will not pass through to me, as I have security settings set to ignore messages from users not on that list.

I don't know how often I will be active on this number, as it is for only when I am free to offer assistance.

Could this signature be any longer? :)
Quote Reply
Hi,
Thanks to you all. The owner of the server has Links 2 installed too, and he says that nph-build.cgi etc give a 500 Server error, but still do the job. I'm totally confused. He keeps saying that it works, but when I tried that, it gave me an Internal Server Error, and didn't build any pages!

~DB
Quote Reply
This is the same problem w faced. Actualy our servers are RaQ2 servers, that was the problem, but via telenet nph script running fine, I think that is the solution left out .