Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Add, modify, link and search

Quote Reply
Add, modify, link and search
All is right except add,modify a link and "search" from the page created. I can't search by keywords too.
Could you help me?

Quote Reply
Re: Add, modify, link and search In reply to
What do you mean? Can you get the scripts? Are they not functioning? Be more specific and we may be able to help. Your message is ambiguous...sorry, without more info, we cannot help you.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Okay.. I think I understand the problem without further explanation because the same thing happened to me!

On the main page where people visit, all the 'Add Site' 'Modify Site' 'Search' etc, were pointed to the wrong url because in the links.cfg it asks
"URL of User CGI directory. No Trailing Slash"

I assumed it wanted my main cgi-bin directory but I figured out I had to add the subdirectory where all the files are stored. For example: http://www.yourpage.com/cgi-bin/links

Quote Reply
Thank you very much to all. It was, like you've said a wrong path to add.cgi, modify.cgi etc.... in links.cfg.
In add, there was a wrong CHMOD on one directory. Sometimes, with ftp upload, the CHMOD disappears. Thanks again, links 2 is operationnal.
Now... the templates. (I have to find how to keep backgrounds pictures or collor in different tables on the same page)
This forum is marvelous.

Quote Reply
ok what is the proper information?
I have the same problem.

Quote Reply
Add what directory where?

I have the same problem