Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

A little confused?

Quote Reply
A little confused?
Hi,

I've succesfully installed the program along with a few additional modules and everything was working great! :-) Until yesterday, when for some reason I started having problems. I noticed that after I build the pages after I add additional links the script keeps changing the links.db to -rw-r-r- rather than -rw-rw-rw- (666) and it then makes all of my pages(categories) blank?? I'm not sure what could be going wrong? There was also a problem with the servers disk quota usage system.....it was basically telling me that I am over allocated disk usage (which is not true) and my host mentioned that this could be caused by a program that writes files and then deletes them? I don't think links does this, or does it? I know it's hard to make any suggestions about what is going on without seeing everything, however the program is installed correctly and all permissions on both files and directories are set correctly or it wouldn't have let me do anything to begin with.......so if anyone has any ideas as to why this could be happening, I would appreciate your input.

Thank You
Quote Reply
Re: A little confused? In reply to
Oh yeah, after I build the pages it seems to also delete a few links in the links.db after being built?
Quote Reply
Re: A little confused? In reply to
Well, I found out why its changing from 666 to 644, but haven't been able to try it yet! Unfortunately the server is not allowing me to write, add, or edit any files. It just erases the whole file if I do anything to it. Could this be a server problem? Or could the script be causing the problem somehow? I'm sure my host is going to try and blame it on the script, because I could tell he is already moving in that direction by saying that if a script writes to a file and then deletes a file it could cause problems and then tell me that there are no problems on his (server) end......so I would just like to know if anyone else has experienced or heard of this sort of problem before. That way, I could at least tell the host that with over 4000?? (and growing) customers using Links none of them have had this kind of problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You