Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

4th posting! PLZ Help!-- Internal Server Error(Build all, staggered, staggered(auto)

Quote Reply
4th posting! PLZ Help!-- Internal Server Error(Build all, staggered, staggered(auto)

Thanks for clicking in ...I've posted and deleted this message 4 times already so I can keep it at the top of the list. I've had no responses yet.

When I click on Build all, staggered, staggered (auto, the only information I receive is this:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

It is pretty hard when the error msg states to go ask yourself!!??!!

I already checked the first line of the nph-build.cgi script to be sure it is pointing to the correct location of perl. It is the same path as what is on my admin.cgi script. I even made sure it was uploaded as ASCII and it was....I even re-uploaded the file to make double sure.

Any help is appreciated! Frown
Quote Reply
Re: 4th posting! PLZ Help!-- Internal Server Error(Build all, staggered, staggered(auto) In reply to
First, run the script again, try to anyway, then go to your error log file and scroll to the bottom to see waht kind of error it is giving you.
Then post back here.
Hopefully you have a error log file.

Derek
Quote Reply
Re: 4th posting! PLZ Help!-- Internal Server Error(Build all, staggered, staggered(auto) In reply to
I would like to footnote that it seems to "build" I mean all my date is updated on the home page....I've been clicking on all three. I did find in history of postings that someone else had this problem the following is suggested by someone but I kindof new to this and don't quite understand what is being suggested. can someone try and interpret this for me?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>

My server is setup under cgiwrap and needs to have nph files called from nph-cgi-bin, which would have meant moving the three files out to a different directory and caused a lot more grief playing with the links.cfg, admin.cgi, admin_html.pl, etc....long list!

Instead what I did was go through the nph files...and commented certain portions that use the nph headers and forced the script to use the regular html headers.

If you define $use_html = 1 AND comment out $nph++ you should be able to walk around your problem. You'll need to do this in all three nph files.

I may be wrong about what it is actually doing but it did work for me.

I hope this helps.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>

Thanks for the help!! Smile
Quote Reply
Thomas,

If you can email me a URL, I could try and check this out for you.

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/