Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

tutorials for Links2.0?

Quote Reply
tutorials for Links2.0?
When looking at dbman, as a relative novice to perl & cgi, I found JPDeni's walk-through tutorials to be an invaluable resource. I can't seem to find anything similar for Links2.0. There's certainly plenty of info here in this forum. But at this point, rather than pouring over hundreds of threads to piece together my own manual, I'd really appreciate a step-by-step tutorial (just to get it set up properly and customize a bit). Is there anything available?
Quote Reply
Re: [ceniti] tutorials for Links2.0? In reply to
Unfortunately, no, no one has made a full walk through. However, there are numerous FAQ's in the resource center, and several web sites (including my own) with a few FAQ's. Putting together a better FAQ/readme/tuturial has been discussed on multiple occasions at length, but no one really has the time to put in the effort necessary of a project of this scope.

You'll find in most cases your question has been asked and answered many times if just look in the right place. Good luck [:-)]

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [ceniti] tutorials for Links2.0? In reply to
Actually, that could be a nice little project for me. I may have a look at doing something like that in the future; if you can wait Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!