Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

stuck building

Quote Reply
stuck building
I am building a fairly big links database, and one category has 179 or so links in it. Whenever I build (regular or staggered) I can get to it, and then it conks out and just sits there, eventually timing out. Each page has 100 links on it, right now. Here is what I know isn't causing it.

- Internet connection. I am on Cable
- Server. It will build every other one fine
- Build. I have tried staggered and regular

What is going on, and how do I fix it. I have tried searching the forums and didn't bring up anything, although I don't know if I put in the right earch field. Someone help please!

Allyn

Quote Reply
Re: stuck building In reply to
I would recommend separating that one category into sub-categories and then put less links in each sub-category. And it is not necessarily client configurations (i.e., Internet connection), your server might have a low CPU usage rate like around 30 seconds before killing processes on the server. If breaking up the links into multiple sub-categories does not solve the problem, contact your hosting company.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thanks there!

Is it possible to download the links.db and edit it on your CPU and then reupload it and it will work? Just because changing 175+ would take forever!

Allyn

Quote Reply
Yes...there are many Threads that discuss editing the database offline in this forum and the Links 2.0 Customization forum.

Search for work offline or click on the following search link:

Access Excel offline

Regards,

Eliot Lee