Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

help me before i do something stupid...

Quote Reply
help me before i do something stupid...
I've been busy redesigning my links directory which has become awfully outdated since it was first created. Now I have run into a strange problem that I just cannot seem to fix. The category listings for the directory on the homepage are being displayed in some awful large font in Internet Explorer. (though not in Netscape) And also, there's a large space to the left which I'm damn sure is being defined somewhere in the css file but I can't see it for the life of me. I've been through the entire CSS file altering the "margin-left: 60px;" definition to different numbers but it makes no difference whatsoever.

Can someone please tell me where I go to alter the appearance of these category listings on the homepage? I feel like a total idiot right now and will probably feel even more stupid when I find where I've gone wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Reply
Re: help me before i do something stupid... In reply to
My honest suggestions are:

1) Delete all CSS codes in your sub site_html_print_cat routine in your site_html_templates.pl file.

2) Delete the definition list codes (<dt><dl></dt></dl>).

3) Add your own HTML codes between the $output = qq| and |;.

4) Edit the table anchors to look like you want (e.g., add width attributes, align, etc.).

-----This is a recording----

Regards,

Eliot Lee