Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

everything disappeared!!!

Quote Reply
everything disappeared!!!
Hi,

I was trying to gve a new structure to my database (links2.0) and everything was all right. I updated it many times and just when almost finishing it (I modified categories, links, etc.) All my links disappeared and the categories didn't change at all...
What does it mean? what can I do? Do I have to start again?...

Thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: everything disappeared!!! In reply to
Be more specific about the "new structure" you were trying to implement! What changes did you make? Be specific, please.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
It's about dictionaries and glossaries sorted by languages and subject. It was quite a mess so I decided to delete/add some categories, subcategories and/or languages.) I also moved some links from one category to another. That's what I call a new structure.
Quote Reply
By "be more specific," I imagine Eliot was looking for details such as:

1) Did you edit the .db files off-line or through the admin area?

2) Where did your links disappear, in links.db itself or on the built category pages? If they are still in links.db but not showing up on the pages, it could mean your category names don't match up and it can't assign the links to the proper category.

3) What do you mean, "the categories didn't change at all?"

4) What happened or what did you do differently from the last time you updated it ok to the time that it didn't work?

Answering those questions would certainly help people figure out what happened.

Dan