Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Subcategories showing 0 links

Quote Reply
Subcategories showing 0 links
Well I just added a bunch of new links today to my site and rebuilt the pages just to take a look at things. Well on all pages, except my home.html page, the number of links in parenthesis next to the category is always 0. Now if you go into that subcategory, the links are there, but the number won't show. Any idea what the problem might be? Thank you.

Quote Reply
Re: Subcategories showing 0 links In reply to
Well some more to this saga. I have tried to upload clean versions of links with my categories and links.db files, to no avail. Started the categories over from scratch, same problem. All the links are there, just no link totals except to the categories, except on the Main category page. This is truly frustrating, been messing with this for hours. Advice?

The other weird thing is on the build routine, the script seems to build the same subcategories a couple times??? The first time it seems to have subcategories under it, then it hits it again a few later and has 0 subcats. Even more weird.
Quote Reply
Re: Subcategories showing 0 links In reply to
Well discovered the problem after hours of messing with it. Basically in a nutshell, I have so many subcateogies that I can't use the staggered build and the build all (because it hangs up). So I am building the pages via telnet, and that has solved the problem.