Some simple CSS Questions

I'm currently amending my CSS.

1) What is the difference between;

/* Links unvisited links */
a.link:link {

and

/* Unvisited links */
a:link {

2) How do I make the title of my links bold in the listing, like the catagories titles?

3) I've changed the colours on the 'new' box. How do I put a border on the box?

4) On the main menu it uses the phrase 'Add a site' and 'modify a site'. On the Add/Modify pages themselves this changes to Add/Modify a 'Resource'. Any reason why? And how do I change it back? And how do I change this wording on the buttons and heading?

Thank you.

Cakeboy

Quote Reply
Re: Some simple CSS Questions In reply to
1) They do the same thing. One of them is probably residual codes from preliminary development.

2) You can either use <sup></sup> or create a new class object in the links.css file and then call that object as follows:

Code:

<span class="newclass"></span>

3) Either add your own border codes in the table anchors or add a table class in the links.css.

4) Edit the add.cgi and modify.cgi script as well as the add and modify template files.

BTW: For more information on CSS codes, check out http://www.w3c.org. You might want to consider editing the links.css to use only CSS1 codes since Netscape does not support CSS2 and some of the codes in the links.css are CSS2 codes.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply

Sorry to be the class dunce but as a CSS newbie, bits of your answer are foreign languages to me;

Could you explain the following;

'<sup></sup> or create a new class object'

'Either add your own border codes in the table anchors or add a table class'

'some of the codes in the links.css are CSS2 codes' (which ones and what are CSS1/2 codes?)

I was hoping you'd just be able to give me a couple of lines to add to existing scripts in the CSS.

I know this is all beyond my experience and I shouldn't really be here but you don't learn without asking (or trying)

Cakey

Quote Reply
For the <sup></sup> anchors...JUST put them around the TEXT.

Example:

Code:

<sup>TEXT</sup>

In Reply To:
I was hoping you'd just be able to give me a couple of lines to add to existing scripts in the CSS.
Uh...I really like to provide suggestions before wasting time posting codes. And I did provide you suggestions! Tongue

I would highly recommend (again) that you browse the documentation at http://www.w3.org (which is linked directly in the links.css file) to familiarize yourself with coding CSS.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee