Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

how to make links TARGET="_blank"

Quote Reply
how to make links TARGET="_blank"
I plan to run links in a frame and don't want jump.cgi to open links within that frame. Where can I insert a TARGET="_blank" tag? Somewhere in link.html template?

Jim
Quote Reply
Re: how to make links TARGET="_blank" In reply to
Put it in the link.html template. If you use the "random" link, you will also need to put a target="_blank" in the href for any corresponding template.

Dan
Quote Reply
Unfortunately, that only gets me part of the way. My question is where in link.html that should go. I assume it should be somewhere in this line?:

<ul><li><a class="link" href="<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>"><%Title%></a>

Jim - who in one week was both carded to buy beer AND asked if old enough to get the Senior Discount - Sullivan
Quote Reply
PRETTY sure this will do the trick, but please dont bite my head of if i´m wrong Smile

<ul><li><a class="link" href="<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>" target="_blank"><%Title%></a>

~Santa~

Quote Reply
It goes in the same place it would go in standard HTML, within the <a href="">. Wink

Ah, I see someone just snuck in the same answer. Santa, yes you are correct.

Dan
Quote Reply
Thank you Santa! Worked like a charm. The proper placement of quotes ("") within the line was the critical piece of info.

Jim
Quote Reply
I would recommend NOT using _blank as the target attribute value...It will open many many browser windows and end up crashing user's systems.

Use something like _newwin.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------