Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Templates using .shtml extension?

Quote Reply
Templates using .shtml extension?
I have recently installed Links 2 and everything is working fine. Although i require my templates to have a .shtml extension. I have noticed all templates to have .html extensions so i want this to be changed. I have renamed all my templates to .shtml although how do i make it so Links 2 reads the .shtml files and not the .html files. I have enterd this aswell:

# The name of an index file.
$build_index = "index.shtml";
# The extension to use for non index files:
$build_extension = ".shtml";

Can someone please supply me with the inofrmation on how to make Links read my .shtml templates instead of .html ?

Quote Reply
Re: Templates using .shtml extension? In reply to
Put your templates back to .html and just change what you changed in links.cfg and re-build. Then delete all you .html pages.

Installs:http://www.wiredon.net/gt/
MODS:http://wiredon.net/gt/download.shtml

Quote Reply
So do i keep the

in my links.sfg?

and then rename all my templates back to .html, then build all, then delete all my .html files? I tried this although the build did not create .shtml files... Can you please explain this step by step?

Quote Reply
Hi Darkone!

In Reply To:
So do i keep the

in my links.cfg?
YES!

2nd Part

The templates are just that "templates and need to remain with the html extension. You can alter the templates to suit your site but they are not the pages that links builds - links uses them as a templates to build your pages in a directory like Links-pages.

3rd Part!

When you installed links2 you should of created a directory like links-pages. This is where links builds all your pages and it will build them in that directory according to the extension you have in the links.cfg. That directory is the one where you should delete all pages from and then rebuild and then you will see that the extension has changed to the one in your links.cfg. When we did this we deleted the whole directory - then made the directory again, chmodded it to right permission and then did a rebuild.

Hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Thanx
I got it working. I didnt delete the .html files in my categories directories. So they got called up as default over .shtml.