Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Targeted Mailing to all Link Owners Question...

Quote Reply
Targeted Mailing to all Link Owners Question...
Is there a way to change teh settings from only sending link owners only 1 e-mail? I would like to send all links an individual e-mail??? any suggestions? Thanks

------------------
Brian
wwnurse.com
Quote Reply
Re: Targeted Mailing to all Link Owners Question... In reply to
Hi Brian,

When mailing, Links will not send to the same email address twice in one session. Is this what you mean?

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

Yes, that is what I mean. For example, I have many (different) links in my database which linked to one contact person, either they operate a few different sites or the links are to different resources at there site (i.e chat page, and home page, both with different descriptions and hits etc...)

The way it is now, when I send out a targeted mailing, this person mentioned above would only get one e-mail, not one for each resource listed on my site, right?

I hope this makes sense? :-) Thanks Alex!

By the way, I love Links and plan on registering it this week! Here is my beta site where I am using Links:

wwnurse.com/beta

------------------
Brian
wwnurse.com
Quote Reply
Brian yes that is correct. I have a similiar set up here.. (one owner of many links) an they will receive only ONE e-mail per message sent out.

------------------
Thanks in Advance

Daniel J.
http://www.blackrose.net
webmaster@blackrose.net
Quote Reply
I'd like to see this made optional and also, a way to exclude a specific address. An option like "$Send_duplicates_to_adressees = x"; where "x" can be "1" for yes, "0" for no.

Then add in an "$address_to_exclude_from_mailing = 'somename@someplace.com';

That way, I could send multiple messages to people that have submitted multiple links, but exclude myself from the mailing since the address I use to add a link is not the same as the from address in the mail, and my Contact Email address appears many, many times in the database.

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/
goodstufflists.home.ml.org/

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited February 01, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Has this been done? And if so, please let me know where to find it / what to do to do it!

Please! And Thanks! Smile