Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Salesman of the year? Caveat Emptor

Quote Reply
Salesman of the year? Caveat Emptor
Hello everyone,

For anyone who thinks the support here isn't good enough, just look at what you could have over at a company called psybercore/ superscripts.com:

Subj: Re: License fee vs Membership fee?
Date: 99-02-04 20:47:48 EST
To: me

listen

I dont really care for your attitude and dipshit questions that you could answer yourself if you took 5 minutes to read through the site

I dont wipe your ass
you have to help yourself

if this isnt good enough then dont join
I dont care
<<

That's an actual answer to me after asking him twice ( the first time he didn't respond) if his software required a shopping cart or realtime processing. These items are not mentioned on his site as requirements to run the program.

I dropped off his repsonse to all of his competition.

Alex, you are looking more like a god everyday....

Quote Reply
Re: Salesman of the year? Caveat Emptor In reply to
WoW!
Frown

------------------

-[ It's just another night; good morning Webmasters! ]-
Quote Reply

[This message has been edited by Pasha (edited February 04, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Well at least you got a reply from the people you were dealing with. I encountered the biggest prick in the world when I decided to go w/ the commish as our affiliate tracking software. I wouldn't even recommend them to my worst enemy www.solutionscripts.com I have to say that I never encountered a company (more like a individual) that didn't care and he probably wonders why his members area of the bulletin board only gets like one post every 3 days, maybe it's cause he sucks and they only want his free scripts. anyway they are the ultimate as the guy from superscripts.com would say "dipshit"

Here are some other interesting customer service adventures pertaining to the purchasing of cgi scripts.

http://www.cgi-resources.com/detail/02571.html
http://www.cgi-resources.com/detail/01781.html

[This message has been edited by hellraida (edited February 05, 1999).]
Quote Reply
I don't know, I've always found Tim to be a good guy.

I don't frequent his forums, but have always found him to be helpful and knowledgable on other forums (UBB, Webscripts, etc).

--Mark

------------------
You can reach my by ICQ at UID# 8602162

Quote Reply
Ed,

you forgot to mention the REAL reason you got kicked off our network and our CGI site. The real reason was the STOLEN CREDIT CARD information you submitted in order to try and gain access to our code library.

------------------
KILL YOUR NETWORK
DESTROY YOUR SERVER
Quote Reply
Ed,

you forgot to mention the REAL reason you got kicked off our network and our CGI site. The real reason was the STOLEN CREDIT CARD information you submitted in order to try and gain access to our code library.

Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore Psybercore

------------------
KILL YOUR NETWORK
DESTROY YOUR SERVER
Quote Reply
I know that I'm new here, and I really would like my background question answered, but I have to agree with Mark Badolato regarding solutionscripts. Tim has always been good with me and I'm a regular on their members forums. I use 3 of SS's scripts (not the freebee's).

Funny as I read down this thread. Tim has been kind of busy straightening out some online-ordering issues. It seems that people have been trying to pass stolen credit cards.
btw - the Home Free forum is over 4500, a little more active than The Commish. Wink

------------------
Quote Reply
Without getting into a hissy fight with psybercore, I will say that since my original letter, I have not purchased or attempted to purchase product from this vendor. There was no stolen credit card or fraudulent transaction to get at his scripts. Psybercore must be thinking of another company or individual.

I will say that since 1997, We have purchased well over $14K in software for myself and numerous clients at Gossamer and dozens of companies throughout the internet with valid credit cards.

I would not mind purchasing from him except I could never determine if his software could be applied to myself and or my clients needs. It was his letter in the beginning of this post that prompted me not to look to his company for solutions to our diverse needs.

The bottom line is that we needed answers not attitude. I simply don't have the luxury of time to get yelled at or told I am asking stupid questions when attempting to determine whether a particular script would work with our servers. Especially if we are assembling a software enriched site for a client under a time limit.

Ed

Quote Reply
Let's move on..

Alex