Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Popular site listing not updated

Quote Reply
Popular site listing not updated
I have about 3000 links and currently the popular cutoff is 8 hits. However, the listing of popular sites do not change even after I run build all. The last popular site stays always on ID number 1392. I think that popular site is not being updated properly. Would you let me know what the problem is?

Quote Reply
Re: Popular site listing not updated In reply to
Remember that the isPopular is AUTOMATICALLY generated by the percentage of VOTES and RATING.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: Popular site listing not updated In reply to
Hi Elliot,

I've tried to get an answer to my question by posting it on the links 2.0 discussion forum, but I have a feeling it is not gonna be answered (although it seems like an easy to answer question)

So I'm trying to reply on this post, maybe that helps.

You wrote "the isPopular is AUTOMATICALLY generated by the percentage of VOTES and RATING".

When adding links in the admin section, the only field that will make a link show up as "popular" is the number of hits, and not the number of votes or total rating.

If I choose Yes or No for the isPopular and isNew field this will not affect anything.

I have a feeling I am missing something here, or maybe something is not working well.

If only the number of hits can make a link "Popular" then why can I choose if a link is popular in the admin screen?

Thanks a lot!
Byebye
Gil