Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Mixed up fields in validate admin form

Quote Reply
Mixed up fields in validate admin form
I recently installed the 3 Shestopalov mod for Links. When I just went to my validate links section of the admin all but one of the links information was muddled up.

For example, the titles are in the link id, the link ids are in the rating, the rating is in the contact email, etc.

Obviously the mod has caused this... however I'm not sure which part of it is the problem. Does anybody know which part of it would have caused this problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Mixed up fields in validate admin form In reply to
It sounds like you new links waiting in the validate.db when you added the mod; they don't have all the fields they need so they won't match up to your admin fields.

There's a script to add fields to the links.db (you did do this, yes?), but I'm not sure if its ever been set up to add them to the validate.db. Anyway, I made this exact same mistake once and fixed it by downloading the validate.db, adding the extra fields with my text editor, then uploading it back to my server. Everything worked a-ok then.
Quote Reply
I dont't understand. I downloaded the validate.db. I spose I could add the fields in manually but then when I get more links submitted I would have to go through and manually add the fields to those aswell.

How can I fix the problem? What is the problem?

Also, just to amuse everyone, I currently have 12.375 records awaiting validation :-)
Quote Reply
Newly received submissions will automatically have the right number of fields as set in links.def. You just have to fix the ones that were already in there.