Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Importing IndexFinger database

Quote Reply
Importing IndexFinger database
I've been trying to import an Index Finger database to Links2 using the 'convert.pl' utility posted in this forum. This is what I get:
Getting sub categories ...Ok Getting links ...Ok Building Codes Table for debugging ...
After this last message nothing else happens.

Any ideas about this? Help is apprecited!

Manuel
Quote Reply
Re: Importing IndexFinger database In reply to
Have you set the appropriate permissions (777) on all the directories where you are importing data to?

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
Eliot,

I just checked and re-cheked the permissions and they are set to 777. To be sure that everything is as it should be, I installed 'convert.pl'within the IF directory (within cgi-bin) and created the three subdir: groups, subgroups, and sites, all chmod to 777. But the same results: the beforementions message and no data in the subdirectories.

Any other ideas are apprecited.
Manuel
Quote Reply
Nope...sorry.

Best of luck.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
Well, thanks anyway for your time!
Quote Reply
Ok ... Here I go again wanting to convert to Links but the only thing holding me back is I cannot get IndexFinger Pro converted to links. I REALLY want to convert! Is there anybody who can take the time to walk me through this process or who is willing to do it for me? Any help will be greatly appriciated and patience kindly acknowledged.

I've started a thread last year on this topic but I have yet heard of anybody successfully getting it converted.