Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

HELP ME ANYONE!!

Quote Reply
HELP ME ANYONE!!
I have the script fully installed and I cant get the add.cgi script to work. I have tried lots of stuff (a couple things that resulted in me having to reinstall the script completely) and I am just about to give up. It lets me load the script, fill in the info, and when I submit it pops up a screen with the error message, "Auto submission is not allowed in this directory. Please visit the site to add your entry. "
Thanks
-Nuker
Quote Reply
Re: HELP ME ANYONE!! In reply to
This is very obvious you didn't add your site in the db_referers in links.cfg.

Open links.cfg, find this: @db_referers = (); , add your host and your IP, like this @db_referers = ('www.domain.com','132.432.44.22');
Quote Reply
Thanks eddie, but are you sure I need the ip?
Quote Reply
Not at all. It is up to you. I just put it that way just as an example of adding additional domains or IPs of your site.
Quote Reply
Thanks, I looked in links.cfg and found it, it looks like i had it the whole time but was missing the '' (this is cool, I just posted my last message like 4 minutes ago and you replied Smile
Quote Reply
I am building a new site with Links 2.0 and am now having the same problem. I've double-checked my link.cfg for referrers and it should be okay. I've built 3 other sites and they all work fine. What else could be the problem?

Here's the link to my add.cgi page...
[url}http://my-town.hypermart.net/mytownusa/cgi-bin/add.cgi[/url]

Here is a link to my links.cfg file (in text mode)....
http://my-town.hypermart.net/links.txt

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Quote Reply
I'm having the same problem with add.cgi, but only in MSIE, works great with Netscape

http://www.worldsexnet.com/cgi-bin/links/add.cgi

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
kjp,

Your links.cfg says:

Quote:
@db_referers = ('server20.hypermart.net','204.96.104.3');

According to my dns lookup, 204.96.104.3 is not the IP number for your domain. Instead, it points to dns.ltec.net which is a dns server. According to my dns lookup, the IP number for server20.hypermart.net is 206.253.222.90

Perhaps that is your problem?
Quote Reply
Bobsie,
Thanks for the info, but I still can't get it to accept input from the admin.cgi script. Keeps telling me that Auto Submission is not allowed in this directory. I've reset the permissions, changed the ISP #, ??? The other site I am working on works fine, without the ISP #. Any other suggestions?

I'm going to try resetting all permissions again and see if that helps. Who knows? It's probably some tiny little detail I am overlooking.
Quote Reply
That error message comes strictly from the @db_referers setting. If it does not match where you are adding from, then it will not let you. I suggest taking the IP number out and just going with the server name and make sure the server name is correct.