Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Add Success page gives error 500

Quote Reply
Add Success page gives error 500
Hi,

When I add a new link it gets sent to be validated (I don't get an email though) but when I click the add button i get an error 500 page. it seems that add.cgi works to a certain point (enought to have the link available in admin to validate) but then it hits a bug.

# Print out the validate input to a "validation database" where it is stored until
# the admin decides to add it into the real database.
open (VAL, ">>$db_valid_name") or &cgierr("error in add_record. unable to open validate file: $db_valid_name. Reason: $!");
flock(VAL, 2) unless (!$db_use_flock);
print VAL &join_encode(%in);
close VAL; # automatically removes file lock

****BUG MUST BE AROUND HERE*******

# Send the admin an email message notifying of new addition.
&send_email;
# Send the visitor to the success page.
&site_html_add_success;
}
else {
&site_html_add_failure($status);
}
}

So, what could be the problem?
here is the error i get:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@getromantic.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Quote Reply
Re: Add Success page gives error 500 In reply to
The problem is probably caused by one or all of the following factors:

1) You do not have the $db_mail_path OR $db_smtp_server variables set correctly in the links.cfg file.

2) You do not have the Mailer.pm file uploaded in your $db_lib_path as defined in your links.cfg file.

BTW: This has been discussed a few times in the Installation Forums...where this type of question should be posted.

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
1) You do not have the $db_mail_path OR $db_smtp_server variables set correctly in the links.cfg file.

I am sure that i do.
here is what it looks like:
# PATH of sendmail.
$db_mail_path = '/usr/lib/sendmail -t';

2) You do not have the Mailer.pm file uploaded in your $db_lib_path as defined in your links.cfg file.

I uploaded mailer.pm to the same directory as $db_lib_path specifies, it is chmoded too. (it was already uploaded there).

So, this still does not work.
Any suggestions?

Quote Reply
1) You have the WRONG setting for your $db_mail_path...It should be:

Code:

$db_mail_path = '/usr/lib/sendmail';

2) You do NOT need to change the permission of the Mailer.pm file. It should only be 644 (rw-r--r--).

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
thank you!
it worked.
the weird thing is...i use that exact same path to sendmail in all myother scripts and they work fine.
Sara

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
the weird thing is...i use that exact same path to sendmail in all myother scripts and they work fine.
And I assume that your other "mail scripts" do not use the Mailer.pm module.

Tongue

You're welcome.

Regards,

Eliot Lee