Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Ever seen this error message before?

Quote Reply
Ever seen this error message before?
HELP! I was working on my 'home' template... it started getting sluggish on 'build all'. I thought maybe my ISP was lagging so I closed the browser window and logged off the 'net. I then re-dialed into my ISP (successful login) and tried to get back into my admin panel and now get this error message:

"INTERNAL ERROR: PerlParse did not exit clean!!!!"

I cannot get to my admin panel at all. I can get to my generic (non links) index page, but cannot access any links related pages.

WHAT GIVES? I was just working on my template(s) I have never messed with the 'guts' or changed any cgi. I'm stumped!

ANDY!? Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: [cmork] Ever seen this error message before? In reply to
You talked to your host? Sounds like it may be a problem with Perl.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [cmork] Ever seen this error message before? In reply to
Advice: I would recommend editing your templates off-line using a text editor like TextPad or EditPlus and then upload the edited templates to your web server.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Ever seen this error message before? In reply to
I made a 'trouble ticket' with my host... I got a reply today. It seems someone was using their hosted site 'improperly' (according to tech support) They said they shut down the offender, and all is ok now!

It either sounds like someone was hosting some high traffic stuff or trying to hack the host servers(?) It all looks good now, load time is normal, and no error messages. Thanks for the replies. Smile
Quote Reply
Hey Andy? (was)Re: [cmork] Ever seen this error message before? In reply to
Andy,

Can you look at my site? I *still* can't get it to work!
I have not changed any cgi scripts, I've only done some template editing (which btw is not working either).

Would you need to charge me your 'fee' again to see if there is a problem to fix? Can you email me and I will give you the password to look at my site? TIA.

CMork
Quote Reply
Re: [cmork] Hey Andy? (was)Re: [cmork] Ever seen this error message before? In reply to
If its a problem with Perl (as it looks like), then I doubt it can be fixed by anyone other that your server admin.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!