Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Build All / Staggard

Quote Reply
Build All / Staggard
Can you tell me the purpose of the Build Staggard feature? Is it to ease server resource useage?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Build All / Staggard In reply to
Yeah, and it also stops browser timeouts. If running the build process via SSH/Telnet though, it won't work, as only the build all works there (cos there is no browser timeout problems).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Build All / Staggard In reply to
Also, is it possible just to update the ratings and hits without doing a complete build? I noticed that when you do a staggard build ( not auto ) the first screen does this. Can you stop the build at this point or will it mess things up ( i.e. the pop page is built on the last screen )?

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
The only way to stop this would be to press Ctrl + C whilst running it via SSH/Telnet. Its not recommened though, as it has the potential to screw your database up.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
What you could do is copy your nph-build.cgi file and then water down the copy of it to only run the sub-routines that you want. Rather than deleting out sub-routines, you should simply rem out the subroutine calls in the sub build_all.

EXAMPLE:

# Create Home Page
# $use_html ?
# print qq|Building <A HREF="$build_root_url/$build_index">Home Pages</A> . . .\n| :
# print qq|Building Home Page . . .\n|;
# &build_home_page;
# print "\tDone\n\n";

Just put the rem character, #, in front of all lines of the sub-routines you don't want to use in the copied nph-build.cgi file.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Build All / Staggard In reply to
Note the fact that Eliot said COPY.. don't make this change to your live copy! Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Great! I've done this and also amended admin_html.cgi to add a link into the CP. If I note it all down and let you have a look at it can it be added to the modifications or posted in a new thread for others to use?
Quote Reply
Sure, if you write down your modifications, and post it in a new thread, I'll stick the thread to the top of the forum, so people can see easily how to do it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
'Tis done. Thanks again.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...;;page=unread#unread