Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Links just mysteriously disappeared

Quote Reply
Links just mysteriously disappeared
As my subject says, I had 81 links, but with over 100 ID's. I went to validate a new link, when all of a sudden I realised that is was the only link that my database had.
Why did this happen, pls help me out!!!

How can I restore the old links I had?
Is there any way to backup the links??

------------------
cheers
-------
RedDVL
Quote Reply
Re: Links just mysteriously disappeared In reply to
I had this happen to me back when I only had a couple of hundred links. Fortunately, 4,500 links later it hasn't happened again...

Assuming it's the same thing, I don't believe there is a known cause of the problem. It appears to be intermittent with something in the build process infrequently killing the database. Since that time, I have been careful to download copies of the database if I am making lots of changes in between backed-up builds.

The first time you build each day, Links will backup your database to the "backup" directory. If you have the lost links in a backup, then you're in luck. If not, time to recreate the wheel... If you do have a backup, copy the latest one to your computer, change the names to links.db and category.db (and optionally email.db) and re-upload them to the data directory, then chmod them to 666.

Dan
Quote Reply
cheers mate, thanks for your help

really appreciate it

------------------
cheers
-------
RedDVL
Quote Reply
You're welcome. Hopefully, that saves you future headaches! Smile