Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Links 2.0/ Links Sql Question

Quote Reply
Links 2.0/ Links Sql Question
Approximately how many links can I have in links 2.0 before I would need to upgrade to links sql. I have hear 8000 and then it starts crashing but wanted to make sure.

And also to make sure, When I purchase links sql I can transfer the data from links 2.0 into links sql? And the templates?

Jeremy

Quote Reply
Re: Links 2.0/ Links Sql Question In reply to
Yes 8,000-10,000 is the limit for Links2 depending on how many categories you have etc...

...and yes the data/templates from Links2 can be imported to LinksSQL very easily with little modification.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
Re: Links 2.0/ Links Sql Question In reply to
This has been discussed before and Paul only touched the surface in terms of limiting factors...there are many more. Actually, this was discussed in this forum about two weeks ago, and then two months ago, and then six months ago. And actually, Alex has stated in the past that the actual working range for Links 2.0 is 3,000 - 5,000 on most shared virtual servers. If you are on a dedicated server, then the range is higher, but flat files are definitely limited in terms of how much data can be stored.

Search this forum for Links limits and you will find a bunch of Threads where this has been discussed before.

Regards,

Eliot Lee