Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

I LOVE LINKS!

Quote Reply
I LOVE LINKS!
Thank you for this great script! I got it up and running at:

http://www.subscriberline.com

I did not like the way the original links home page was set up here:

http://subscriberline.com/links/pages/

The only reason was that I like double columns, and could not get this to work on the "fly!" I love the header and footer feature, and the homepage is easily copied and pasted onto my front-page created home page. It is not difficult to maintain, and adding new categories is easy enough.

I got the show additional categories feature working, thanks to the template add-on. This was my first step with this site, now I can add my DSL/ADSL information, bookstore, forums and content. I also would like to put the mod that shows the last site submitted.

Please - everyone, stop by and add your page to my links directory - I am still adding categories, and would appreciate any suggestions about good categories. My page is going to be focused on DSL connectivity, and web-page services, cgi, html, and the like - which I think all go together.

Thanks for your help in adding your sites - and I will not email anyone, so don't be worried about getting on a mail-list. By the way, some people are scared to add their email to directories. Is there an easy work-around to make the adding of name and e-mail optional? I am not a programmer, so be gentle please!

Thank you for this excellent script - it was a blast to install!

Kate

------------------
Go AHEAD....Subscribe Yourself! Subscriberline.com http://www.subscriberline.com
Quote Reply
Re: I LOVE LINKS! In reply to

Quote:
Thanks for your help in adding your sites - and I will not email anyone, so don't be worried about getting on a mail-list. By the way, some people are scared to add their email to directories. Is there an easy work-around to make the adding of name and e-mail optional?

Yes...this has been discussed in this Forum yesterday...look at the Topic (adding while surfing) created by pascal.

However, not having the email address required will cause the following problems:

1) Link Owners will not receive email updates if they do not provide their email address.

2) Modification information will not be sent to them via email.

3) If you install the Password Lookup or Link Information Lookup Mod, then the user will not be able to dynamically look up their access information. So, your mailbox may be full of requests that could be automated.

You could require the email address and add privacy information to make your users feel more secure about adding their email address.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
Hello

i really love links too!!!
thanx for your script, thanx for your help!!!

Hope i could use links SQL soon,
and discover your other products!!!

Ciao

Quote Reply
Me also, I LOVE LIKNS also, but that's a good question:

Whats about
"the header and footer feature"

That doesnt work with me???

Quote Reply
What do you mean it doesn't work for you???

Do you have the header and footer files that you specified for each category uploaded in your templates directory?

Also, all you need to type in the Header and Footer fields in the Categories is the following:

Code:
header.html
AND

Code:
footer.html
And if you want a consistent header and footers across all your LINKS pages, use the suggested codes provided in the Header and Footer FAQ located in the Resource Center!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I love Links too! Great script!

CW- Are you using templates or site_html.pl? Either way, you need to customize them to your look and feel. If you're talking about the headers and footers in the category database, I got mine to work (I'm not using templates) by going into site_html.pl and adding $header to the sub_site_html_category wherever you want it. You can then have customized category headings on your pages (but you'll also have the site headers unless you take them out).

Hope this helps,
TigerLily :)

Quote Reply
OR you could read the Header and Footer FAQ/Tutorial that I have linked before, which provides instructions for BOTH site_html.pl AND site_html_templates.pl file!

http://anthrotech.com/...ks/faqs/insertfiles/

Regards,

Eliot Lee