Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Hope I didn't get ripped off on instal

Quote Reply
Hope I didn't get ripped off on instal
Frown I looked in the resource section and found a link to Innovation Studios who were offering a premium install of links 2.0 with some mods for $39.99

I also needed old links database moved to a new site after the install. He quoted me $50 and said he would do custom templates for me. I used Paypal and paid for the install after exchanging several emails with the person name Ryan.

As soon as I paid on Paypal he said he got the money and would do the instal the next day. Now I can't get a hold of him and he never did the work. He doesn't return emails.

I asked Paypal to look into this and hopefully they will get my money back but I doubt it. A $50 US dollar lesson I guess. I assumed he was legit as his site seemed quite well laid out and talking to me he seems knowledgable. Maybe he died or something.

Anyone ever had any dealings with this guy?

I think Gossamer should yank the listing in the installer section so nobody else gets burned.Frown

Last edited by:

AndyNewby: Dec 14, 2001, 11:17 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [tonysmyth] Hope I didn't get ripped off on instal In reply to
I think Ryan wouldnt have done this on purpose. Maybe he has got the flu or something and has been told not to go on the computer nad just relax Unsure I should hold on for a bit and see if he gets back to you.

If you want, I could install Links 2 for you for free (good will gesture, no money or link needed). Just PM if you want it still done. I wont be able to do the mods though, as obviously they will take a bit longer Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Hope I didn't get ripped off on instal In reply to
Andy,
Thanks for the offer to install links for free. That is a kind gesture for sure.

Would you be able to move the data files over from my old hosting account? I don't have any problem getting the thing running, it's when I try to migrate the old data to the new site that I get in trouble every time.

If you could do that, I could get my site back up and running. Ryan was supposed to do the work as soon as I got the new hosting account open. The account has been open for a week now with no content.

Quote Reply
Re: [tonysmyth] Hope I didn't get ripped off on instal In reply to
I've sent you a PM.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!