Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

HACKER!!!... BE AWARE!!!... I coming to get you...

(Page 2 of 2)
> >

Re: HACKER!!!... BE AWARE!!!... I coming to get you... In reply to
Got a couple of minutes to kill...

>>>exactly... so like mentioned.. the most likely is option 1 or 2.<<<

Your wrong again Bubba... The juvy left a nice message on my home page...

Gee???.... Maybe you know what it was???

>>>interesting that there has been no news posted here on the isp tracking down the persons responsible too...<<<

Are you getting nervous Bubba???...

Be rest assured, when I get the info, I will make sure that you are the first one to get it, either via this site, one of my sites or maybe you'll get personal notice of what's going to happen via my lawyer's office... Wink ...

you know... you really are a dual personality Ed.

I'm actually glad of what has happened to you... no matter how it occured... you're such a jerk.

Judging by your postings you think I am responsible for your misfortunes... well if I were I sure wouldn't be posting in here where gossamer could find my ip address and relay it to you (under law enforcement request of course - anything else breaches Privacy acts).

Also, judging by your last post... you are no closer to finding the solution to who did the damage.

* Re your comment: Are you getting nervous Bubba???...

So am I getting nervous? No, I'm laughing at your stupidity and pathetic threats.

* Re your comment:
Be rest assured, when I get the info, I will make sure that you are the first one to get it, either via this site, one of my sites or maybe you'll get personal notice of what's going to happen via my lawyer's office... ...

Like anyone visits your site(s) and will see any posting on this so called attack! Of course the personal notice would be nice...

It's so damn obvious you are no closer to finding the culprit.

Ok people this is so not important. It has gone on way too long. There is no reason to keep adding to the thread. I think peoples thoughts are clear.

In Reply To:
Like anyone visits your site(s)
I don't know if you've visited any of Ed's sites or not but I expect not seeing as there are no links to them around here, but anyway, that quote couldn't be more wrong. Ed setup a forum a few weeks ago and it already has 50 or more members. They visit the site almost everyday without fail. Our logs show visitors are constantly being referred from yahoo and google so Ed ain't doing too bad Wink

Paul
Installations:http://wiredon.net/gt/
Support: http://wiredon.net/forum/

Re: HACKER!!!. AND THE linksid.txt file ! ! In reply to
I am interested in the linksid.txt file, I have just landed here to look it up.
I am haveing trouble with this file, and it is messing up the whole system.
Actually I have two problems, and I think they are connected.

1. I have been getting spammed by the .de and such, I do have the add_confirm set up, but it is still happening to some extent. I am looking further into solving that.

2.- Now when their spam is waiting in the validate file, for some reason, the links id that is suppose to go along with their link is missing. and thus that messes up all the enteries waiting below it. And all the numbers are getting lost, then mixed up, as the system starts to put in random numbers eventually.
the number in the linksid.txt file becomes either non existant, or changes erratically.

Here is what I do to fix:
I download the validate and linksid.txt and edit them in a text editor ( insert the proper numbers and re-organize the info) then upload them back up, go to the admin area in Links 2.0 and then validate the enteries as per usual. Again all is fine,It works great ! Until I get a spam sent into the validate file. This is a waste of my time as our internet company is booming!

THERE MUST BE A BETTER, MORE PERMINANT FIX RIGHT !!

I am still searching the Forum, but if you read this, and know how to get me to the answer I'd sure appreciate a hand.
My solution is to set links up so that the Links id is mandatory, or something, ( I know it is not given as a field) :+(

Any ideas !! Greatly Appreciated!!
Tammy

Re: HACKER!!!. AND THE linksid.txt file ! ! In reply to
Why didn't you just start a new thread? This one has gone on WAY to long.....Wink

Andy

webmaster@ace-installer.com
http://www.ace-installer.com

O come on this argument is stupid,
from what i've read so far, no one hacked into your threads system, you were just stupid enough to leave it open to attack. If you had password protected, and it was sabotaged, then someone would have hacked in, but as you had not, then it was not hacked into was it, you would not need any hacking skills to get in, and you really only have yourself to blame, you should not of made your database public, until it was safe, that i guess, is a lesson you have learned the hard way, i to would be mighty pissed if it happened to me, but i am not as stupid as to leave things vunerable for stupid kiddie attacks, you only have yourself to blame for this my friend...

Crazydevs

Um hello?

This thread has been beaten to a pulp and was finished with ages ago - no need to keep dragging it to the top.

Paul
Installations:http://wiredon.net/gt/
Support: http://wiredon.net/forum/

O, didnt notice, o well..never mind huh...lol

> >