Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

HACKER!!!... BE AWARE!!!... I coming to get you...

(Page 1 of 2)
> >

HACKER!!!... BE AWARE!!!... I coming to get you...
TAKE NOTICE ARSEHOLE!!!!!!......

You know who you are but it won't take me long to find you, because it's obvious that you know your way around the Links program and that's why I thought I would vent my frustrations here and at the same time warn others about the likes of your kind.

You just screwed with the wrong 50 year old newbie and I can guarantee that YOU SHALL PAY THE PRICE!!!!...

Unfortunately for me, I made the mistake of not password protecting my site from the likes of you because it's still under construction, but it's a mistake that I made and have corrected...

You think your smart do you???...Lazy and brainless scumsuckers like you have been taken care of before and will be again... Believe me when I tell you that I would love to meet up with you and I won't need no dark alley to hide in, but you very well might...

There was absolutely no reason for you to go in and delete 131 categories/subcategories and the 30 odd links that I had in there...

If you had more brain cells or class than than the brainless and classless, scumsucking jerk that you are, you would have taken the couple of seconds to email me and tell me that I was wide open to you others saving me countless of hours of work... Now that would have been a class act, but noooooo, you had to go in thinking you where smartass, juvenile hero that can brag to all your two year old friends about what you did...

Got news for you, you chit for brains, I'm gonna be the last one laughing... Cuz me and my lawyers are gonna get you, arsehole....

Your so friggin smart you left footprints and FINGERPRINTS all over the place you clueless jerk...

http://www.perlmad.com/hack/log.txt

Happy langings....

Ed...

PS: Thanks to Paul Wilson for being the backup man that he is...

Re: HACKER!!!... BE AWARE!!!... I coming to get you... In reply to
I stand by what Ed is saying but PLEEEEEEEEASE people don't get mad at me because Ed is a grown man and the post above is up to him - I had no part in it.

Sorry Ed but I didn't want to get even further into people's bad books.

Oh and mr *hacker*, you may be laughing right now but I know Ed and believe me, he will find you Wink (in fact earthlink are already investigating)

Paul Wilson.
Installations:
http://www.wiredon.net/gt/

I sympathise with your loss... but bestowing such an undeserved title of "hacker" on someone like this is undeserved.

If this person were a (real) hacker -
they would not leave easy traces in your log but would have used an anonymiser or attacked via other servers and not made it so obvious.

Any 12 year old could inflict this damage with mininal knowledge (similiar to Paul's programming skills - :-) )

You did perform backups (or your isp did), right?

In Reply To:
bestowing such an undeserved title of "hacker" on someone like this is undeserved
Sorry, I forgot that it is acceptible for someone to trash you site for no reason....they must be a really nice person Wink

In Reply To:
Any 12 year old could inflict this damage with mininal knowledge (similiar to Paul's programming skills - :-) )
Uh yes I know any 12yr old could do it - that is what is so lame....and Im not sure what my programming skills have to do with this issue - this thread isn't even about me - i just happened to reply to it so Im not sure what the need was for an inappropriate comment like that (especially as you have only made about 12 posts at this forum).

In Reply To:
You did perform backups (or your isp did), right?
Uh yes.....that is why the site was up and running as normal a while later Wink

Paul Wilson.
Installations:

Hey Bubba...

>>>but bestowing such an undeserved title of "hacker" on someone like this is undeserved.<<<<

Defending 'lil chits that enjoy creating malicious damage on one's property are we... Definitely sounds like your part of the crowd....
>>>>If this person were a (real) hacker -
they would not leave easy traces in your log but would have used an anonymiser or attacked via other servers and not made it so obvious.<<<<

Sure sounds like you know how to cause the same time of damage....Gonna haveta keep an eye on you buddy...

>>>>Any 12 year old could inflict this damage with mininal knowledge<<<

How old are you???... Could it be that you've reached the puberty level yet????

>>>(similiar to Paul's programming skills - :-) )<<<<

I take personal offense that comment schmuck....

I'll have you know that the amount of time that Paul has spent to help this newbie has been invaluable and his programming skill's superseed many other's that I know... So far he's helped me build 3 websites with various other scripts in them other than Links and definitely doesn't have his nose bent out of joint like some other programmers that I've run across...

As a matter of fact BUBBA, I've gone so far as to give Paul complete administrative access to my server because of his programming skills and because of my trust in him... If something comes up that he can't do, he will make every effort to find a solution to a problem...

Oh but then again, you sound like your above average intelligence.... Duhhhhhh!!!!!!!.....

Lotos...11 posts on this site???... Hummmmm???...

Just wondering how high YOUR intelligence level really is and how much assitance YOU'VE offered individuals...

Do you by any chance also use the pseudonym "Satan" on various sites...

To bad your posting over here bubba, cuz I can't get a look at your IP number but I cordially invite you to visit my chat site and sign on...LOLOL.... Geewizz... Maybe then I can match your IP number to the juvenile arsehole that has nothing better to do....

Thankyou for your intelligent comments...

re the 11 posts... that's because I have some real work to do.. I don't spend my life in here like some of you.

intelligence has nothing to do with now many ppl you help.. that just means you're a good samaritan.

re Paul helping you... well lucky you (and poor you that you needed the help) - my experience was that he agreed to do a task, could not do it 100% then expected me to still pay for the bits he did do. This was against the agreement.
I took interest in this post as I thought well... "what goes around, comes around".

in case you're wondering... no I didn't do the damage - I've better things to do - at least we agree with one thing - it's juvenile.

In regard to my juvenile comments - I thought mentioning backups would be good for those other newbies who don't understand the importance of it.

You appear to be very highly strung judging by your post... good luck in the future.. don't get ulcers too early!

Yes you got me - I know nothing about Links2, thats why I gave your money back in full, it honestly had nothing to do with the fact that every email you sent to me was full of abuse, honestly.

In past weeks/months I may have written a post in response but you are not worth the effort. I am sure people can see what kind of person you are.

Goodbye.

------
Edit: You may want to show some manners next time by posting your "problems" to me via email or pm.

Paul Wilson.
Installations:

actually Paul, (lier) you would not give me a refund.

I contacted the credit card processor and explained the situation... they agreed with me and refunded in full.

So glad you wanted to air this in public.

Now ppl can see what you are like too!

Oh!!!!... Sooooooo your the BUBBA that changed his mind about 100 times, kept on adding on additional requests for programming and expected someone to do a job for the same price as quoted...

Bubba!!!... I have no programming experience but one thing I've learned throughtout my life (which it's obvious that you haven't reached the appropriate age level yet), is that you gotta pay for intelligence and any time you change your mind about something or keep adding on to an original request YOU GOTTA KEEP ON PAYING!!!...

If you expect one to keep on working for you on an agreed upon price for a specified job then don't change your mind and don't keep adding additional work and expect the work to be completed for the originally quoted price...

You ever have a car repainted and then decided that you don't like the colour???... You think the paint shop is gonna repaint it for you for free... Grow up BUBBA or wake up and smell the coffee!!!!....

>>>You appear to be very highly strung judging by your post... good luck in the future.. don't get ulcers too early!<<<

BUBBA!!!.... I'm 50 years old and I've been under the knife twice in my lifetime and on neither occassion for ulcer's... Guess the primary reason that I don't have them nor do I intend to, is the fact that I let it aaaaaalllllll out and I tell it like it is....

Speaking of which... You like to come to the defence of individuals that like to cause malicious damge to another's property and is one who obviously changes his mind as often as toilet seat goes up and down in a public washroom, therefore, I got no more time to waste on the like's of you...

But I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for the likes you BUBBA.....

I think people can make their own minds up about me and aren't going to be swayed either way by you.

.....and one thing I am not is a liar (spelt with an "a" Wink).

I'm confused as to why you think I wouldn't want this to be public, I chose not to do the work and refunded you, full stop - if you still are uptight about this after a couple of months then that is your problem.

Anyway there is only one place this thread is going and well all know where. Once again I fell into the trap of responding to someone who really wasn't worth responding to, but I will not sit quiet for blatant liars who clearly DO have a lot of time on their hands. Anyway from now on I will NOT be lured into such threads no matter what is said about me.

I apologise to Alex, moderators, veterans and members and can assure you I will not be involved in such a thread again

Paul Wilson.
Installations:

Yes, Paul is VERY unreliable! I totally Agree!

IM sorry to hear your loss. Hackers are all over. It's a
shame we have to protect as much as we do. You would think
they would have a better thing to do than that. Just a
suggestion if you haven't done so already. Look into have
your databases emailed to you every so often. This way, you can a backup in mind for any future mishaps.

3D Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.3denterprises.com

Let me ask you.... why would I post such an item about Paul?
I have nothing to gain except the satisfaction of knowing I have attempted to warn ppl of the likes of paying Paul for work.

Paul's rating as a Links installer in the Resouces section backs me up.

Edpack, I'm not aware that you were ever involved in the project Paul could not deliver on.
In fact, you weren't, so you know nothing about it and therefore cannot make unqualified comments about the project.

For your interest it was a basic change to a date sort routine and did not change in specification at any stage.

Whether you choose to believe this or not is of no consequence, but unlike yourself, I have been employed full time in the IT industry in positions ranging from IT Manager of Financial institutions to Project Managing to Consulting.

My only mistake with dealing with Paul was payimg upfront for a simple project that he was unable to fulfill.

Edpack, your "Bubba" comments and general rantings only lead me to conclude that you need mental health help.

BUBBA... I wasn't going to entertain your last posting but I just gotta....Wink

You Stated:
>>>Whether you choose to believe this or not is of no consequence, but unlike yourself, I have been employed full time in the IT industry in positions ranging from IT Manager of Financial institutions to Project Managing to Consulting.<<<<

For the life of me I can't figure the bolded portion of your statement out...

One would think that if one, like yourself, who claims to have, or have had, the positions that you claim you have, or have had, must possess such a high level of intelligence to attain the positions that you claim you have, or have had.

One can most certainly sit here and ponder, whatever for would one have to hire anybody to complete such a "simple job" with the resources that one would have made available to one of such importance...

Therefore, I choose not to believe and not to entertain the likes of you anymore...

BuhBye....

Re: HACKER!!!... BE AWARE!!!. Links acting weird In reply to
My links program is acting weird also, after all this time (2 years). All of a sudden it started assigning numbers to posts (for validation) that have already been assigned to other enteries in the data base. It started a few days ago, and I let it go on as I did check and see that those numbers had been active, but now were inactive, as the enteries previously entered to those numbers had been deleted by the user.

However, today, I went to validate new listings, and they are showing up with the number 1 , 2, etc... as though those numbers are not taken, yet they are!
I have just entered the discussion area in hopes to find an answer to this and thought this post looked interesting. Is this what has been happening to others?

Please offer any fix it or ideas.
I will be fixing this though the backup files, I am aware of how to manipulate the data, and will be attempting that for the fix.

Thank you in advance

BACK okay I am here to comment on how I fixed this and ask one more question.

I fixed it by downloading all the files in the online folder, data.
I corrected in a text editor, the coresponding numbers, and also put them in numerical order, which for some reason they were not. Once data in all files matched, I uploaded them and went into Links manager and validated the enteries.

I do notice that when the data is returned after the build, that the enteries in the NEW and POPULAR catagories, do not return in numeric order.

Thanks
Tammy

Re: HACKER!!!... BE AWARE!!!. Links acting weird In reply to
As mentioned a few times in the forums...the problem is with a corrupted linksid.txt, which stores the most recent ID of the Links in the links.db.

So, open your linksid.txt file, delete the number and replace it with the LAST number of the RECORD in your links.db file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Mr Pakstus...

at last... some half decent dialogue

My comment about my IT experience (20 years) was to inform that I can tell an IT professional when I deal with one and in the instance I mentioned it was clear I was not dealing with one.
Ie - clearly stated what was required was not delivered then would not refund.

Unfortunately you are correct in so far that with my experience etc. this should not have been a problem... but... I'm not a cgi or perl expert and so incorrectly thought the provider I contacted was.

The biggest mistake I made was by paying upfront.

NOW, about your hacking problem...

Your original post bordered on accusing person(s) unknown who visit gossamer-threads of hacking your site, which as I understand it is a new site.
Conclusion: unlikely anyone visiting gossamer-threads inflicted this damage as they would not even be aware of your new sites web address.

Is your new site listed with search engines? Unlikely as too new.
Conclusion: unlikely to have been found by this method and hacked by persons unknown.

Do hackers randomly look for links databases in cgi-bin's on unknown domains and destroy them?
Not likely.
Conclusion: unlikely to have been found by this method.

The real question is:
Who and how many people know about your site?
Conclusion: the most likely cause of your problem was:
1. someone you know either accidently or deliberately causing the damage
2. changes made to software that caused problem
3. most unlikely, but a remote possibility - you created this big "HACKER BEWARE" saga to attract visitors to your site.

As far as I can see there is no link to Ed's site anywhere in this thread! So I think that gets rid of option 3 Cool

Andy

webmaster@ace-installer.com
http://www.ace-installer.com

exactly... so like mentioned.. the most likely is option 1 or 2.

interesting that there has been no news posted here on the isp tracking down the persons responsible too...

Very interesting indeed.

Why would we want to post the name of the person here?

To know who it is, is enough satisfaction for us Wink

EDIT:
Before you state the obvious, yes I did say I wouldn't be involved in such threads again, but I meant in terms of the pointless arguing, however this post is not argumentative.

Paul
Installations:http://wiredon.net/gt/
Support: http://wiredon.net/forum/

judging by the total views of this post, it is of some interest to forum visitors.

as edpak has made this issue public, then it would be only fair to state if the person(s) have been identified and if so, what measures are being taken!

In Reply To:
then it would be only fair to state if the person(s) have been identified and if so, what measures are being taken!
No that wouldn't be fair. It is private information, not to be viewed by hundreds of others.

However what I will say is that the person's ISP has been contacted and they have assured us that they won't tolerate that kind of behaviour and they will be blocking their account if their logs match ours...

Paul

Typical lame response from the isp's.

You think?.....

......so you know how many times we've spoken to them and what they've told us?.......nope.......

Paul

> >