Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Error in setup, can anyone help?

Quote Reply
Error in setup, can anyone help?
Can anyone help? I am getting this error: Error including libraries:
Can't locate /usr/home/kink8/********.com/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at admin.cgi line 28.
Quote Reply
Re: [bratt] Error in setup, can anyone help? In reply to
ok, i put in the full path and got a different error, then deleted it, changed the way the folders were laid out and now I get this error ... I have checked all permissions and seems they are all right... I am putting the ***where the domain name is. on cpanel it says path to perl is /usr/bin/perl --- but the person I am installing this for said she traced the path to /usr/lib/perl5/ I am lost here, trying everything I know. Error including libraries:
Can't locate /usr/home/kink8/******/public_html/cgi-bin/links2/admin/links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 / usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/ perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at admin.cgi line 27. Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: [bratt] Error in setup, can anyone help? In reply to
Did you put links in the cgi-bin without a directory (folder) of its' own, named "links"? Meaning, looking at your cgi-bin, you see add.cgi, modify.cgi, etc, and the admin directory? If not, and all the Links structure is in a subdirectory, add the red:

/usr/home/kink8/********.com/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl

The path to perl should be OK as provided in the download.

I see in your second post that you did use a subdirectory. Make sure you upload in ASCII. If you need more help, let us know...

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie